Road legal quads

if the mpg, tax and insurance are within reason that would help if anyone has any examples thumbs.gif

Don't do it mate! A decent quad will set you back a few grand. Get a 4x4 instead. Quads are great as an addition to but not instead of a conventional motor. No weather protection, no passengers (legally) insurance is expensive if it's used for commuting. No room for much stuff on it and very little security for what you can carry.

Tax is about £115 for mine, insurance £250 (1000 miles per year max) and you will also need helmet and leathers etc if you are seriously gonna use it as your sole transport.

Sorry for the reality check mate but use your head not your heart. Cheers, Dthumbs.gif

your never to old ,,matey..

go on treat ya sen..

Don't mind being realistic at all. I won't be using it for commuting, just maybe nipping to the shops or going to a friends house occasionally but mostly just a vehicle of leisure. The security facotr has bothered me though, i can look into getting a secure trailor...but the whole bike seems very nickable and I don't know if i will have a garage at my new house yet...

Anyway I am 22, I can afford it right now so if it doesn't work out I can sell it pretty sharpish without losing much. I think this is one of those things where common sense makes no dent at all, I wanted one when i was a teenager, I want one now and I want it before I am too old to enjoy it properly.