shooting hares

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, how clever, shooting hares!!

Picture is a Hare heart showing pellet damage and the pellet that caused it is my guess.

Posted Images

Hey buddy,

Wrong section, I made the same mistake yesterday. Needs to go in the General Air banter rifle bit next time, hopefulyl an admin moves all these topics in the main forum to the right places soon.

As for the hares buddy its a bit of a grey area it seems. As with pheasants, I dotnt hink they are o nthe general air rifle license... Although both can be humanely killed by a top shooter I dont see it as a healthy way to go with growing anti feelings towards hunting.

I personally see nothing wrong with pheasants being taken humanely. But I would most definatley hesitate in taking a hare down with one.

Despite that hares are not a problem where I am, they are nice to see and I enjoy them being about. However in some places they are everywhere and cause alot of damage and people often rid them with more powerful or higher calibre guns.

I dont want to say too much as could see this all getting into a bit of a hot topic as people have very different and strong opinions.

I would bottom line guess if we were going to get literal about it lol, that they arent legal to shoot.

Jack

Edited by JackReid

i shot one by accident once with an airgun but have shot quite a few with shotguns when i was a kid but now i wouldnt want to as i quite like them and also dont think they cause enough harm to warrent killing round here i also heard that they dont reproduce at the same rate as rabbits and the like so dont come back so well when loads are killed. but this may be untrue im not 100%

Hi

I've shot a good few hares over the years when there's been a surplus of them with sub 12 .22 air rifles and they drop no different to a rabbit. You just need to hit them in the right place at a realistic range. The pellet is an air arms field.

DZ

post-45363-126793138642_thumb.jpg