vegatarion ferret

my lads got 2 hobs i bought him a few months bac, they will only eat dry food.

tried them with various raw meats but they wont touch it.

they both worl and im working on the presumtion that if they kill in they wont actualy lie up as they wont eat the rabbit?.

my ferrets have never been feed rabbit dry food and lambs liver they kill but never lay up they come back when called they way i look at it is if they have never been feed rabbit they dont look on it as food .but just dry food promotes tarter and gum decise ,rootton teath one of my jills is 7years old her teath are covered with tarter and one is rotton the vet quouted £120 to clean them and £30 to take one out

they both worl and im working on the presumtion that if they kill in they wont actualy lie up as they wont eat the rabbit?.

They shouldn't lay up but then neither will a rabbit fed ferret who has been fed before working and isn't hungry. :thumbs:

They may still sit in a stopend with a stubborn rabbit for a few hours though and if they do kill they may spend a bit of time ragging it around until they lose interest. And of course there is always the chance one will get stuck behind a dead rabbit... all in all there's no way to completely avoid waiting occasionally.

They shouldn't lay up but then neither will a rabbit fed ferret who has been fed before working and isn't hungry. :thumbs:

They may still sit in a stopend with a stubborn rabbit for a few hours though and if they do kill they may spend a bit of time ragging it around until they lose interest. And of course there is always the chance one will get stuck behind a dead rabbit... all in all there's no way to completely avoid waiting occasionally.

thumbs.gif

I'm not a fan of dry food myself, prefer meat, bone and whole prey items. Yes people keep ferrets on a dry diet seemingly with no health problems, but then my old man kept seemingly healthy ferrets that lived to about the age of 9 on nothing more than bread, milk and an occasional tin of cat food.

Edited by maltenby

Aye ferrets have big teeth because there carnivores imagine the fuss folk on here that feed there ferrets dry grub would kick up if they where getting a bowl of cereal for breakfast, dinner and tea seven days a week

• Like 1