How many Moles per acre ?

I just recently done some Mole trapping for a farmer, the first week I caught 3 Moles in a 5 acre field, I had to pull the traps up due to the bad weather and resumed again in a weeks time to reset the traps! After setting the traps over a period of 3 days, i caught another 14 Moles from the same 5 acre field! :) Making in total 17 Moles from a 5 acre field Which i thought was a rather large amount of Moles from such a small acreage ! Have any other members encountered this at all ? below is a photo of the 14 caught :D ...

Moles.jpg

I started a contract for a manor house last month, the whole site's maybe 2 acres, including a big house, gravel drive, outbuildings etc. I had 9 moles off there in the first 7 days, now up to 15 for the month. I'm pretty sure the first 9 were all resident, the place was a right mess. It's in a valley, and looking up the valley, I bet you can see 1000+ hills. Reckon I'll be busy for a while yet!

James

Hey Minzy, can I copy that picture you put up and use it on my website. I'm thinking of putting up a page on moles in the UK. I could cite your name and link to a website if you have one. No problem if you don't want me to use it for any reason. Thanks

Steve

took 9 moles in week from a back garden once, the unusual thing was it was just a straight run, with about 15 mole hils all ina line.

onthe flip side i did a vilage playing fiield, mle hils all over it killed one mole and that was it.

had 26 out of a six acre field last year...............and had another 9 so far this year

as said......there on the move in a big way at the moment

atb

sean

i used to get 50+ from a 7 acre field most years over a 3 day period , there was no other trapping done in any of the fields surrounding it , moles will quickly move into a vacant space especially if the fields are fertile and particularily in march and april