what are these shells?????????

Destroying rabbits? I should think so! 12 bore slug is the type of ammunition that boar hunters use if they prefer using a shotgun instead of a rifle. They are only available on a FAC I think. R.W.S market them as a Brenneke bullet, i think that is just their name for them, rather than a generic term. Often, they are rifled, to give a bit of a spin down a smooth barrel. They would be ok for short range foxes, but I would prefer BB shot or larger myself.

Destroying rabbits? I should think so! 12 bore slug is the type of ammunition that boar hunters use if they prefer using a shotgun instead of a rifle. They are only available on a FAC I think. R.W.S market them as a Brenneke bullet, i think that is just their name for them, rather than a generic term. Often, they are rifled, to give a bit of a spin down a smooth barrel. They would be ok for short range foxes, but I would prefer BB shot or larger myself.

Bit OTT for rabbits mate, and a waste of lead.

SG's are bigger 9 x 9mm lead balls a perfect fox round

Just to fill in a few gaps.....

LG is bigger but if you ever find any please let me know.

Generally speaking in the UK, SG cartridges are the largest you will be able to find which are available on a SGC. Ball is 8.4mm and usually to be found in 1 1/8oz cartridges containing 9 balls.

As already advised SLUGS are only available on FAC, and would not normally be conditioned for rabbit! :hmm:

AS a matter of interest SG cartridges are extremely powerful for a shotgun, nearly 2,000ft lb but are next to useless at any distance, a fox could walk clean through the pattern at 30-40 yards, however, they will DESTROY anything close!!

ATB!!

i normaly go lamping with my friend and our shotguns but this time his dad came with his s/s but was using shells that fired only one big slug and it just destroyed these rabbits what on erth are they and they just look like normal shotgun shells and can you shoot charlie with them

Yep:

SLUGS is what they are, totally illegal if you don't have an fac to cover them. Usually in the UK slugs are only granted for practical shotgun 'range' use and in VERY exeptional circumstances for Deer where a centrefire rifle is not safe to use, basically no chance at all for general vermin control etc!

They are hideously inaccurate when fired through a standard shotgun (unless you are only 15>20 yards away), anyway (if you must) you can buy yourself a shotshell reloader kit, and a slug mould and make your own, But BEWARE this would be VERY ILLEGAL and I don't recommend this at all.

In the USA it is very normal to have Semi-Auto shotguns slug shells and telescopic sights for small deer and Hogs at close range, it's just like a big handgun really! They usually choose 20 Gauge but 12G are also popular.

In my experience if you feel the need for this type of firepower stick to Buckshot shells ie 'SSG' these are freely available and legal on a SGC.

AndyF