big or small???

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ditch_Shitter

These days, with seemingly very few of ye left with the craft to work a ferret without half a f***ing scrap yard hund round its neck, does it matter?

I grew up with the idea that small jills were de riggour. Armchair theorists stated they had to be small to 'Slip out through the nets' ?

Experiance taught me that it's a c*** who doesn't look to that net, what ever's just passed through it. (And I've never in my life worked a ferret dripping with bling, either).

Further experiance showed me that a nice, strong hob can do everything a dinky little jill can do. Only usually manage it in shorter order.

Give me a nice, poley (because I like that colouration ;)) hob. Jills are for sport and time passing. Hobs get the job done.

That's been my experiance, anyway :good:

i normally work smallish ferrets but recently have change tactics i now work a smallish jill and a normal sized hob together. the idea being the jill is quick and bolts most of the rabbits and the hob is slower and clears anything left behind. this combination works well for me :good:

kateusa018pu0.jpg

poo picture i know

Edited by trill

as whippet boy stated each to there own but to me big hobs = lots of spade work and i dont mind digging but not most of the day!. i keep ferrets of different sizes but i wouldnt keep a hob the size of a pinemartin :good:

i normally work smallish ferrets but recently have change tactics i now work a smallish jill and a normal sized hob together. the idea being the jill is quick and bolts most of the rabbits and the hob is slower and clears anything left behind. this combination works well for me :good:

kateusa018pu0.jpg

poo picture i know

I like the lipstick and thewhiskey barrel round its neck,no seriously TRills ferrets are very good workers his small silvers are very keen to get on with it,and his big hob is slower but like a vacuum cleaner,as he said a good combination,as my freezer will attest.

as whippet boy stated each to there own but to me big hobs = lots of spade work and i dont mind digging but not most of the day!. i keep ferrets of different sizes but i wouldnt keep a hob the size of a pinemartin :good:

i agree with trill you dont want massive hobs most of mine are about average, but i have a silver one which is a bit smaller

I have 4 small jills 2 albino 1 silver 1 poley, the two albino's are the best workin ferrets i have ever seen and touch wood have never killed in....i dont use locators on my ferrets you see. :hmm:

The polecat and silver jill are this years young uns and havnt seen much action as i have had a spate of bad luck recently involving cars and hospitals..... :blink: dont ask !

I lined the two albino's with a freinds polecat and kept a jill off each litter but gave my huntin buddy two hobs, one of average size and one slightly larger so we have a deceant side to play this year and time will tell ;)

Errr..........medium size poley hob...will just work & work......

Last sunday, I am glad I never took my big sandy hob as we were getting a few drummers and this fecker is a savage :yes: ..........would have been digging all day.

JOEB