Muntjack road kill

Hi lads, hope that you dont mind me posting in your section, im a lurcher fella, but picked up a male Muntjack today at the side of the A34, butchered AND PUT away, my question is what can I do with it's head, got nice horns / tusks or are they antlers, sorry, anyway I cant bare it to die in vain, my dog 'll love the meat just not sure what todo with head, Thanks for reading,

ATB Craig

Hi lads, hope that you dont mind me posting in your section, im a lurcher fella, but picked up a male Muntjack today at the side of the A34, butchered AND PUT away, my question is what can I do with it's head, got nice horns / tusks or are they antlers, sorry, anyway I cant bare it to die in vain, my dog 'll love the meat just not sure what todo with head, Thanks for reading,

ATB Craig

hia mate you could get it mounted or stick it in a large sealed bucket pierce a few hole an buy a couple of pints of maggots theyle clean it up for you

atb jb

ATB Craig

hia mate you could get it mounted or stick it in a large sealed bucket pierce a few hole an buy a couple of pints of maggots theyle clean it up for you

atb jb

do you want to keep the head or are you wanting to get rid?

you can skin it, remove as much meat as possible, simmer it for a an hour with the antlers out of the water, then if you have a power washer, use it to blast everything else off.

try to get the brains out before you simmer it and apparently if you add some washing powder it helps (but not washing up liquid).

if you want to really get carried away try this : http://www.ehow.com/how_4547449_boil-skull-european-mount.html

b.

Edited by benhunter

I skin head, cut all meat off, put on shed roof, leave for few week , soon be like new, maybe bleach, put on wood ,go on wall, is good for put coat on.

post-46973-126817610943_thumb.jpg

Edited by clint