hancock lurchers

Unless a dog bites chavies,..I would never call it shit,... :nono:

Jukels are like people,.some more talented than others,...just trying to get through their lives, best as they can..

Some make the grade,..while others are not suitable as working dogs,...but,.in my opinion,..they are never shit.... :thumbs:

Iv owned and seen plenty of shit dogs

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bet Mr Hancock wishes he had a tenner for every post on here relating to his kennels, or posts on other sites for that matter.   My views are fairly simple and based on seeing a few over the years

Unless a dog bites chavies,..I would never call it shit,...   Jukels are like people,.some more talented than others,...just trying to get through their lives, best as they can.. Some make the g

Hancock dogs can't do it   Clearly shot and retrieved

Posted Images

Unless a dog bites chavies,..I would never call it shit,... :nono:

Jukels are like people,.some more talented than others,...just trying to get through their lives, best as they can..

Some make the grade,..while others are not suitable as working dogs,...but,.in my opinion,..they are never shit.... :thumbs:

Iv owned and seen plenty of shit dogs

Yeah,..so have I,...most of us have,...but,..I would never call them Shit,....

They are just wee dogs that ain't going to make the cut,... :yes:

Unfortunately,..when this becomes obvious,...you have to make a choice,.. and I must admit with me,..it was often,.. Adios Amigo,... :bye:

Back in the day, I was far more demanding of a working lurcher,...now,.. I just keep them as pets..... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 1

I,v had plenty of running dogs over the years, some better than others, if i,v had a dog that didnt really excell at what i wanted it for i,d find it some other work to do, marking holes for example, i,v yet to own a dog that was shite at everything, i owe my dogs a good life with some purpose to it and i do my best to provide it.

• Like 5

Has anyone got a picture of hannock kubla khan ? Has I have just got a 13 month old pup who's grandfather was kubla khan

Kubla Khan thats a fancy name , do you know if the dog was any good at lamping, ferreting , maybe working along side terriers , i was just wondering what its forte was .

I don't know I was told my 13 month pup grand sire was kubla khan so I was just fishing to find out some info about him I know he was a first cross but that's all I was interested to find out if he threw aanything decent

Has anyone got a picture of hannock kubla khan ? Has I have just got a 13 month old pup who's grandfather was kubla khan

Kubla Khan thats a fancy name , do you know if the dog was any good at lamping, ferreting , maybe working along side terriers , i was just wondering what its forte was .

his forte was prob filling bitches with merle pups
  • Like 3

his forte was prob filling bitches with merle pups
They have'nt got a forte, they're traditional all rounders, flyball, agility, bin licking, leg humping, and shit eating

Let's be honest here, it doesn't take a wonder dog to be handy on rabbits. We are not reinventing the wheel here, if reared right chances are you will end up with a decent dog be it off Hancock or any other peddler. Some folk don't have the luxury of knowing people who have tested animals at the time they are after a dog, you get what it says on the tin with the Colonel that's about it.

• Like 2

What a lot of sense u talk dog man more than most on here

Let's be honest here, it doesn't take a wonder dog to be handy on rabbits. We are not reinventing the wheel here, if reared right chances are you will end up with a decent dog be it off Hancock or any other peddler. Some folk don't have the luxury of knowing people who have tested animals at the time they are after a dog, you get what it says on the tin with the Colonel that's about it.

the colonel is a different fella, and there's pups about if your patient
  • Like 3

Buster I'm 100% behind u I don't believe in passing dogs on for someone else to pass on again and probably some of the fault is mine once here always here unless someone wants them as a pet

Does it not depend on how the dog is bred? I'm all for one mans trash is another mans treasure but does this not depend on the size/shape and how the lurcher is bred? For example I owned a half cross bull greyhound before the ban, great lump of a dog, built for one job but didn't like it, he would of never been any good at rabbiting put it that way, so am I surpose to keep the dog? Sell a potentially dangerous dog on as a pet? I don't beleive in passing bad dogs on if that dog doesn't do what he/she was bred to do then there is one place for it and yes it is a shame but if more people thought like this I'm sure they'd be much more better dogs out there and that way less dogs would be getting passed about?

• Like 2

the colonel is a different fella, and there's pups about if your patient

Fcuk me sideways I never knew that, I've always assumed he was the same bloke and I've had a dog off him 19 year ago.

• Like 1