have you ever shot yourself.

wrowmon

been off for a few days sorting the house found and old mercury which reminded me of a shooting session i had with it .this was about 28 yrs ago am 43 now.

set up an indoor target in my dads garage found some empty 12 bore cases placed them on the back wall , set about shooting them, after about five mins aimed for one hit it dead centre only to recieve a thump in my stomach.lifted my jumper to find a pellet in my tummy had hit a 12 case with a live primer init ,my dad had not reloaded it just changed the primer but i reckon it had about 25 ft lbs

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

been off for a few days sorting the house found and old mercury which reminded me of a shooting session i had with it .this was about 28 yrs ago am 43 now.

set up an indoor target in my dads garage found some empty 12 bore cases placed them on the back wall , set about shooting them, after about five mins aimed for one hit it dead centre only to recieve a thump in my stomach.lifted my jumper to find a pellet in my tummy had hit a 12 case with a live primer init ,my dad had not reloaded it just changed the primer but i reckon it had about 25 ft lbs

God heheheh. How did you get the pellet out?

I know an idiot who was shooting a spade and got a pellet in his shin.

I wasnt there eheh this was years ago!

Jack

yes i managed to shoot myself in the finger while putting a loaded gun back in its case, it just left a 22 sized hole on the inside of the finger and a hell of a lot of brusing. that was over a year ago and i still have a lot of scar tissue under the skin which hurts a lot when i catch it awkwardly on things, any tips on getting rid of scar tissue? because its doing my head in now

Richard

yh when a friend of the family and his brother were yonger they were shooting an air gun and his brother dropped the gun and went to catch it in doing so pulled the trigger and shot his brother in the leg. tim pulled the pellet out himself with tweezars heated over a lighter lol. just gos to show you should not mess around with an air gun and tim and chris lernt that the hard way :laugh:

I've had 2 .177cal Geco's in the forearm :icon_redface:

1st was point blank muzzle up against the flesh (ouch) from my HW40PCA. Pellet got as far as embedding the head in my skin. Skirt sat upright out of the skin.

2nd was same gun/pellet but at an angle. Pellet entered the skin and carried on for almost an inch and half :icon_eek: I had to open the skin to allow me to use the tweezers to get the pellet out. That hurt a lot more than the pellet going in :icon_redface:

Phantom

Edited by Phantom

Ive never shot myself but i still have a .22 pellet in my neck from being shot with a friend with my old HW35 by mistake in 2000.

I took a richo by standing too close to the back stop when he was shooting at metal spoons :wallbash: .

I went to the hospital and they advised that the pellet would be better to stay in as it would cause more trouble for me if they tried to take it out.

You should of seen the look on a nurses face when she x-rayed me in 2003 for a shoulder injury that i got in Cyprus after the Iraq war.

I didnt tell her the object was a small .22 pellet that my mate shot me with. I told her it was a bullet from the enemy.

LOL you have to try :clapper::toast: but it didnt get me anywhere LOL

Si

Edited by zini

Don't complain Phantom!

I thought you had an interest in ballistic wounds!

Describe it abit more i'm sure it was educational and worth it! :whistling:

I aint complaining :no: I did it while I was having a mental breakdown after I lost my job :(

I do indeed have a special interest in balistic wounds :yes: I'll try and find the Photo's for yah.

It was eductional I learned that a 2.3 ft/lbs pellet can indeed cause a lot of pain :yes:

My Doc was not too pleased with me, although she did conceed that I had done a good job of stitching up a previous self inflicted knife wound :yes:

Phantom

Edited by Phantom