• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

try gain 28% .used it all and found it the best by far waste is less and much firmer to deal with and the dogs thrive and run well on it and the ingrediants are very similar to aussie formula but gain is only £10 or£11 a bag depending where you buy it also the bags are very consistant in their content so you know where you are with it i run my greyhounds and lurchers on it .

i just use greyhound maintenance, good protein content oil and vitamin.. there is better but this on £13 a bag which is cheaper than most with the same content.

red mills xcel 32 is the best ive seen but its expensive, i try to look for a good balance.

use this chart i did and compare.i know there is alot better out there but for the money i think this is a good one.

jollys greyhound maintenance

protein 19%

oil 10%

fibre 4.50%

ash 9.50%

vitamin a 10,000 iu/kg

vitamin d3 1,500 iu/kg

vitamin e 80 iu/kg

copper 15 mg/kg

£13.00

Edited by smiffyuk2003

try gain 28% .used it all and found it the best by far waste is less and much firmer to deal with and the dogs thrive and run well on it and the ingrediants are very similar to aussie formula but gain is only £10 or£11 a bag depending where you buy it also the bags are very consistant in their content so you know where you are with it i run my greyhounds and lurchers on it .

hi do you know of a site where i can find a price, cant seem to find one. looks good jock though

I get 3 sacks at a time Beta greyhound 29%, Pets at home active worker 24% and Wagg complete worker 23% mix the lot together and store it in steel bins in a cool place.I feed this to both whippet and terriers and find it produces good copact stools and have also fed it to the ferrets as a standby occasionaly you just have to make sure fresh water is available at all times. :drink:

i just use greyhound maintenance, good protein content oil and vitamin.. there is better but this on £13 a bag which is cheaper than most with the same content.

red mills xcel 32 is the best ive seen but its expensive, i try to look for a good balance.

use this chart i did and compare.i know there is alot better out there but for the money i think this is a good one.

jollys greyhound maintenance

protein 19%

oil 10%

fibre 4.50%

ash 9.50%

vitamin a 10,000 iu/kg

vitamin d3 1,500 iu/kg

vitamin e 80 iu/kg

copper 15 mg/kg

£13.00

i use this when im not working the dogs as its basicly the same nutrition as pet food but gives a better coat. but its rubbish for working dogs just doesnt provide enough energy i aim to feed as much meat with a dry food for the vitamins and minerals they still need for healthy joints but you want to aim for 25-30% protein with this my dogs have the energy to go all night with a high oil % so when energy levels are low your dogs body feed s on the oils from the food rather than your dogs body mass hence providing a well kept in shape dog at all times.