alsatian x greyhound

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

he no legend Ron lol,  there prob loads out there as good or better mate . All i ever wanted from a dog was one that  had  decent  brain, good feet/ coat good stamina , and fair pace, and bit more gri

Coursing sire malli bitch dam atb Bill 

Considering putting a long dog over my bitch in a year or 2. She works all game aswell as the man 

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Seen a shepherd pup today must been about 5/6 months already sloping back and left leg didn't look right from behind, bet they paid good money for it as well.

to get one today mate, you really got to do your homework  to get a healthy good pup, from proper working lines, in fact if i really wanted good healthy pup, i might even import one if i couldn't get a good one from here .  The Czech republic  breed good healthy gsd but there bred for work type dogs, thats what you got to aim for if you want proper healthy Alsatian , you pay for it but worth it long term .

2 hours ago, bird said:

and are they bel mals, or dutch sheps nice dogs  either way.  i like the dutch Shepherd  in pure form, but x back to gsd  make great dog for  pp work and  guard dogs . A copper who came to my house last week to check me out regards my 12g / cabinet , just for  my  re new every 5 years. we spoke about gsds etc, and i said they  because of the HD in the breed, they  thinking or did  use dutch sheps . he said they using now  good working gsds with good hip scores  and good temps , and want to keep the size/ power of the breed, this what he told me the want as police dogs  today .

they cross them that much theses days and if they come out black or brindle they are Dutch if red or fawn Mali lol to tell you the truth bird I wouldn't touch a police dog if it was being give to me what lads use for pp work and what police have are worlds apart I know of two dogs out are club that went to the police and when getting assessed scored very highly but they where lacking for pp work and where told straight the reason they where not gonna make the grade for the lads that owned them

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, milliken said:

they cross them that much theses days and if they come out black or brindle they are Dutch if red or fawn Mali lol to tell you the truth bird I wouldn't touch a police dog if it was being give to me what lads use for pp work and what police have are worlds apart I know of two dogs out are club that went to the police and when getting assessed scored very highly but they where lacking for pp work and where told straight the reason they where not gonna make the grade for the lads that owned them

100% they’d call these pups of mine Dutch herders. Sire and dam both red/fawn but grandparents on one side both brindle. 

Agree with the police dog statement too. We’ve had a few dogs come back for being too high drive and too much for their handlers. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, deerdogs said:

100% they’d call these pups of mine Dutch herders. Sire and dam both red/fawn but grandparents on one side both brindle. 

Agree with the police dog statement too. We’ve had a few dogs come back for being too high drive and too much for their handlers. 

how do you find your bitch for hunting cover as I been training my bitch for psa and broke her to all sorts of game feather and fur as you need know what they would put on the trial field but she is none stop feel like throwing her in with the hounds next season because I know if I let her she would

42 minutes ago, milliken said:

how do you find your bitch for hunting cover as I been training my bitch for psa and broke her to all sorts of game feather and fur as you need know what they would put on the trial field but she is none stop feel like throwing her in with the hounds next season because I know if I let her she would

Mines a proper allrounder mate. She’s done everything I’ve asked her too ?? 

16 hours ago, deerdogs said:

Mines a proper allrounder mate. She’s done everything I’ve asked her too ?? 

If you do proceed to produce lurcher pups from her, what breeding of stud dog would you have in mind?

4 hours ago, jukel123 said:

If you do proceed to produce lurcher pups from her, what breeding of stud dog would you have in mind?

If it was to happen I’d want a good fast well proven dog to use over her. Breeding irrelevant as long as its got a good bit of speed and does the job. 

• Like 3

I see it like this irrelevant if xs has long has a stud has the desired traits needed,speed .all the herders malls Alsatians xs are exceptional in cover if brought on in it from youngsters this his here they can have a great advantage same has collie dogs ,the bit on the police Ste well some fail for being to drivey and that's a fact crazy but how it his, atb bill