Skin rips/tears

Basically A few weeks ago my dog tore all the skin down the back on his leg during a ferreting accident.

His first walk offlead sinse the accident and he rips his stomach open on some barbed wire.

After £350 vet bill the first time round my mum isn't happy.

Soo just wondered what you guys did when your dogs skin tears?

Do you staple it, Stitch it or take the dog to the vets?

What do you think is the best way to heal it?

Cheers in advance, Will

You can get a dog insured for about £8 a month; well worth it if you work your dog.

Cheers.

i bet you dont tell the insurance company you work it in places where you are going to get injuries , :) out of interest ,what do they ask on the forms mate ,i have never seen one ,

Edited by 2GOOD

You can get a dog insured for about £8 a month; well worth it if you work your dog.

Cheers.

i bet you dont tell the insurance company you work it in places where you are going to get injuries , :) out of interest ,what do they ask on the forms mate ,i have never seen one ,

They are registered with the insurers as "Lurchers", and the only restriction is "Racing". I had a claim in recently, and it was settled in less than 2 weeks, no questions whatsoever.

Cheers.

well for starters u really have to assess the severity of the cut!! if u feel it can be delt with yourself then check to make sure there are no foriegn bodies in the cut(i.e bits of grass,mud, even bits of the barbed wire if its a rusty old thing) then i suggest hydrogen peroxide this will clean out the wound!! and then hibi scrub to make extra sure its clean!! then its up to u stitch or staple!! if u havent done it before and ur squeimish dont put your dog through unnessasary pain and get him down the vets!! and insurance is a really good idea its saves me a bundle when i have had sum nasty cuts that i cant deal with!! all the best fella!!

• Like 1

Cheers.

They are registered with the insurers as "Lurchers", and the only restriction is "Racing". I had a claim in recently, and it was settled in less than 2 weeks, no questions whatsoever.

Cheers.

sounds like a good deal .

buy some paper stitches or medical glue off ebay

What is the glue listed as?

I've a feeling it's not this that came up when I searched for it ...................

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/medical-glue-stick-for-nipples_W0QQitemZ120457643550QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_HealthBeauty_Other_RL?hash=item1c0bd5c61e

:icon_eek:

I'm gona get me self some more nipples.......scaramanga or maybe......... I likes me nipples

buy some paper stitches or medical glue off ebay

What is the glue listed as?

I've a feeling it's not this that came up when I searched for it ...................

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/medical-glue-stick-for-nipples_W0QQitemZ120457643550QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_HealthBeauty_Other_RL?hash=item1c0bd5c61e

:icon_eek:

didn't see that before :hmm: , the one i seen was a while ago it was called loctite medical adhesive

and the paper stitches are on http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Steristrip-Paper-Stitches-Sutures-3mm-x-75mm-10-pk_W0QQitemZ310190253954QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_BOI_Medical_Lab_Equipment_Medical_Supplies_Disposables_ET?hash=item4838c7a782