why do deer stalkers charge so much

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not looking for stalking i happy enough were i go but fancied a crack at a munty and cwd but when i phoned around for prices to stalk a munty and cwd when they told me cost i could have fell through the floor :o

The price of anything is what someone is prepared to pay.

In a lot of cases today, when people have more disposable income than years ago, some people will pay what seems to be stupid money for things that others, on a different living plain, would not dream of buying at the price.

'More money than sense', 'A fool and his money are soon parted', 'Not living in the real world' are sayings that come to mind.

I would not think of paying, what for me would be a weeks income, to walk round for a few hours with a rifle in my hand, on the off-chance of having a shot at a deer.

Some people can 'really' afford stalking prices. Others just think they can, without any thoughts of what sort of life they will be able to afford when they are older, and the income stream has stopped.

Lots of people are simply priced out of activities because a small but significant proportion will go over the top for their 'kicks'. Look at the prices paid for footbal teams!

Look at the price of some non-lead shotgun cartridges, but enough people will pay the high prices to set those prices for everyone else. You follow them or you give up trying.

The situation is coming, though, when the money will stop and it will only be foreigners who can afford the things that we used to take for granted.

im not looking for stalking i happy enough were i go but fancied a crack at a munty and cwd but when i phoned around for prices to stalk a munty and cwd when they told me cost i could have fell through the floor :o

There must be someone in the same position as you with munties and / or CWD on their ground ? If you sort out a deal between the two of you , it could be the answer you are loking for ?

It shouldnt be too hard to arrange that kind of thing through the site .

i dont know what work is like at your end barry j but theres not alot here you may get factory work if your lucky get payed min wage or just over average wage here mate is about £250 fetch home so that means you have to work all week to going stalking for weekend :whistling:

Edited by wboulter