gray hound type ferrets

hi all, can anyone tell me how i do a search, because i am looking for different types of ferrets, i have some ferrets which i think are the gray hound type????? i will post some pictures as soon as i can. i will try to give you a description the best i can, the first thing is the length of the ferret, these are long, over two foot, long neck and head, long pointed nose, a slight arch in there backs, extremely fast,the tip of the nose is bigger than a normal type ferret, i have kept ferrets on and off for some years now but have not seen any like these before :icon_eek: these are half as long again as my polecat type ferrets, they have a very good lively nature and are not at all snappy in anyway, i have a ferret box which holds six ferrets but i can only carry three because of the room each one takes up :icon_eek: any pictures or links would be of great help. thanks for any help, mike

hi mate, i have been pushed for time really i have been trying to sort

some pictures but the light went down, these a differently old type grey hound ferret's

very long and fast, they are a little out of condistion at the mo, but with a little time and patients

they will come on a treat :thumbs: i will see if i can get time tomorrow for the pic's .mike

ive always been told the greyhound ferret is a big type not these little shrinks you see around today i mabey wrong but why would they call a little ratty type ferret a greyhound ferret?

Greyhound ferrets were favoured for rating, I used to breed them, they aren't tiny but you wouldn't call them large by any means.

My ferrets, are the same as those on the window sill in a thread call "old type ferrets"i have been out again today getting

a trigger job done on my rifle, i have spent some time with them this afternoon and when they go on the floor they move real fast so should work really well, i will put some pictures up tomorrow because i will have more time. you can just tell how good these will be by the way they move and there body manner, they already work but just need a bit more handling... mike