Log Store

The old adage is..

If it splits well..........it spits well victory.gif

Start cutting now for next year, or cut up and chop previously felled or dead timber.

Stack neatly, and remember to cut to a length convenient to fit in you fireplace. I use a stick with chalk marks on.

Anything felled now, should be burnable for next year. Remember to save kindling and paper. Ask around at joinery shops for scraps. I get mine for free.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was filled to the brim before last summer, and is now completely empty, I was lazy last winter, normally I would have another one the same in reserve..   I started filling again today for next

you should of went for a multi burner kristian then you could of had burned different types of fuel on it mate, ive had 1 installed since december, brilliant.

Sorry it is a multiburner but got a forestry behind my house that they are felling part of so got loadsa free wood

Posted Images

Right then had a go at building a log store today as i had an afternoon free. Firstly took a trip down my local industrial estate and got 3 pallets (went back for a 4th later lol) used 1 as a base then hit the bottoms off 3 of them and used them for the sides and roof. took me a couple of hours to do but am quite happy will the end product especially as it didn't cost me a penny (used works van to get pallets so didn't even have to pay for fuel :whistling: ) What you think guys? I even made a little area on the side for my daughters bike :angel:

iphone005.jpgiphone008.jpg

HI MATE ,

IT WILL DO THE JOB ............... SPLIT THE LOGS YOU HAVE AT THAT SIZE WITH AN AXE INTO 4 , THAT WAY YOU WILL STACK A THIRD MORE TIMBER

LOOKS LIKE YOU WILL NEED A CHEAP CHAINSAW :whistling:

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

Ok cheers guys i'll split them next weekend hopefully. I've bought a chainsaw 46cc Spear and Jackson, good fun too :) Does anyone know how the forestry boys get paid is it buy the amount they cut or the amout it weighs when taken on a lorry? just thinking of getting a few logs from up there as the gate is open but don't want to be taking the boys hard earned but if it's the forestry commissions then i don't mind so much :whistling:

Hi kristian I put in a woodburner 18 months ago great thing but they burn alot better if you put a stainless steel pipe up chimney I tried without one first cost me more in long run keeps the fumes warmer so has a better draw less tar deposits and safer :boogie::boogie:

Yep, that will do the job, but if you want to keep the burner going all winter, you'll need a few more of the same.

That would be a week/2 weeks max in my burner going 24 on a slow burn. Once you have it on, you wont want it off angel.gif

A few more stores of that size? shit do they really burn that much? I'm lookin to burn coal on it too i was thinking that store full would last me the winter :blink: (probably only use it when it's really cold)I will have other wood aswell as i have wood everyday from work but it's just airing cupboard shelvesfrom when we take the airing cupboards out to fit combi boiler. I do 1 a day so will have other wood coming in daily. If i filled that store with chopped logs how long do you think it would last only being lit at night say for 5hrs a night the burner is 6kw and is approx 495 x 625? cheers guys.

kristian not being funny but your storage area would last me at the most3 weeks and saying you wont use the fire much its addictive mine is always on do you know what type of wood you have

Edited by lost scouse