WHAT WOULD YOU RECOMMEND???

Hi guys i was just wanting some thoughts about what to line my bull x bitch with. shes 22" tts and a bull/greyhound x whip/greyhound...its not going to be until probably the end of this year as shes only 2, as ive read through alot of threads telling people to wait and let the dog prove itself first so thats the plan. i am keeping a pup for myself thats why i want to breed off her (not for money). i want a good ferreting dog so what do you think is the best option??????

maybe something with collie or bedlington in it...but try see the dog work first..all the best with whatever you decide..chris..

thanks chris thats what i had in mind. bedlington/whippet as ive heard good things but was considering collie blood for the brains

wayne 10..let me know what way you decide to breed ..am goin to be lookin for a pup later this year as ma wee lurcher is startin to show signs of wear an tear.. :( pity cos hes a fcukin crackin wee dog...)a would like him to help me bring a young dog on .....all the best mate ..chris..

personnally i would say dont breed until the dog as proven its self ... a 2/3 yr old dog is not proven

but if youve got your head set on breeding him why not use a whippet/grey , cracking little dogs and if out of the right stuff will do hare and fox if they lift the ban

personnally i would say dont breed until the dog as proven its self ... a 2/3 yr old dog is not proven

but if youve got your head set on breeding him why not use a whippet/grey , cracking little dogs and if out of the right stuff will do hare and fox if they lift the ban

:victory:

at 2 she is too young to breed from. a 4 year old bitch is much better as she has matured physically and mentally and you will have more idea of her working ability.

as for the sire of her pups something with collie in it would be my choice and i did see a very nice acd x dog on this web site, full of brains and a hard as nails.

she is still a baby let her grow up. but hey i was always a soft arse maybe im wrong

Seems like you've already decided your going to breed of her so why wait. Tell everyone (yourself included) your keeping a pup back so its ok and sell the rest of the pups on here for 200 quid and dilute the blood further.

I don't see why people kid themselves. You don't even know what you want otherwise this thread wouldnt be here. unless your dog is some wonder dog (really, not just in your eyes) why not just get a pup from out of good tried and tested dogs. Theres always better out there. I dont understand why everyone is in such a rush to breed their own. If youe got something speical then yeh. But Avenerage dogs.. just whyy?

thanks for all the replys guys both positive and negative....what would you say was the "ideal breeding age" then ???? im not just going to rush in and breed from her im in no rush for a pup, just would like a pup out of her eventually. i want to do right by my dog and not ruin her so any advice will be appreciated