Guest fence_hopper

Work on her recall, until it is perfect. Check her out if she is stock broken. If you plan to lamp with her then practice lamping on some dead rabbits. Completely avoid fields with major obastacles.

Get her fit before hunting her, it will make a huge difference. Lots of running and long distance trotting.

Be prepared to visit the vets often, or have a dead dog.

:thumbs:

i wouldnt go far as saying lamp dead rabbits but your spot on with nearly all the rest, get all the basic stuff out the way stock bracking, jumping learning about field obsticles etc. not till all that has been done i'd even think about entering her to rabbits etc and like the man sez above get her fit, good food down her plenty of exercise, they are also quick learners but start them on small jumps and work your way up, give me a pm how you get on and if you get stuck i'll try help as i had to try a few different tachniques to get my bitches started alb al

Work on her recall, until it is perfect. Check her out if she is stock broken. If you plan to lamp with her then practice lamping on some dead rabbits. Completely avoid fields with major obastacles.

Get her fit before hunting her, it will make a huge difference. Lots of running and long distance trotting.

i wouldnt go far as saying lamp dead rabbits but your spot on with nearly all the rest, get all the basic stuff out the way stock bracking, jumping learning about field obsticles etc. not till all that has been done i'd even think about entering her to rabbits etc and like the man sez above get her fit, good food down her plenty of exercise, they are also quick learners but start them on small jumps and work your way up, give me a pm how you get on and if you get stuck i'll try help as i had to try a few different tachniques to get my bitches started alb al

LOL :clapper::clapper:

Guest fence_hopper

LOL :clapper::clapper:

whats that about you prick

i wouldnt go far as saying lamp dead rabbits but your spot on with nearly all the rest

thanks mate. I probably should explain further. I have found that educating a hound in lamping is made easier if you train her at night, with a friend controlling a dead rabbit on a line (or flirtpole), while you lamp the rabbit with her in slip. Basically you can have endless runs with her always getting a catch in a safe place with your guidance. Its an easy way of teaching her to watch the beam, turning, strike, leave the rabbit and retrieve as well. This method has worked for all the greyhounds I have taken on. I find that in a real live rabbit lamping session with an untrained greyhound, it will miss too many and her confidence will drop quickly. So basic training like this is essential.

Guest fence_hopper

i wouldnt go far as saying lamp dead rabbits but your spot on with nearly all the rest

thanks mate. I probably should explain further. I have found that educating a hound in lamping is made easier if you train her at night, with a friend controlling a dead rabbit on a line (or flirtpole), while you lamp the rabbit with her in slip. Basically you can have endless runs with her always getting a catch in a safe place with your guidance. Its an easy way of teaching her to watch the beam, turning, strike, leave the rabbit and retrieve as well. This method has worked for all the greyhounds I have taken on. I find that in a real live rabbit lamping session with an untrained greyhound, it will miss too many and her confidence will drop quickly. So basic training like this is essential.

where all diferent mate, it each to there own, if it works for you fairplay :thumbs: , me personaly have never done that with my grey bitches there deadly on the buns

hello,

A relation just got a "Hilton Irish breed coursing hound" not stamped but breed for a job! just brought over here,

Did ya ever hear of them? any difference to a track dog?

could she be brought on as a lamping dog, she is 15 months old and not been run on any think yet!

What do you think of her lads/girls ?

Thanks

lovely looking greyhound :clapper: , real nice stamp on her ,hope she does as well in the feild ,keep us up to date on her

atb Fezz :thumbs: