• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not just boars either  

It would of raped it

I've heard the "Saluki" theory also. But also heard the supposedly original breeder had mated his dog, which was called "Arab" with a bull type. "Arab" wasn't Saluki, but the name, as you say, added t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, stevemac said:

Keep digging I've seen big dogs take them one out the sire of my deerhound greyhound he was a special for it he was a mighty deerhound that one.

Thanks mate how do those bull Arabs do on them. 

if I lived in Australia I’d fancy one over a staghound 

6 hours ago, stevemac said:

Keep digging I've seen big dogs take them one out the sire of my deerhound greyhound he was a special for it he was a mighty deerhound that one.

Send a few straws this way deerhounds near me I watched a roe cross a track in front of this boys dog and it never moved a muscle turned and walked on needing some stern stuff in them they are....  wouldn’t mind a bitch for this old lad quarter deerhound in him E8DDA0B7-36FE-4129-BB3E-9E405228C8BF.jpeg.a0c8c7089d920f2961a62363ffe5c72b.jpeg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, jackthelad said:

Send a few straws this way deerhounds near me I watched a roe cross a track in front of this boys dog and it never moved a muscle turned and walked on needing some stern stuff in them they are....  wouldn’t mind a bitch for this old lad quarter deerhound in him E8DDA0B7-36FE-4129-BB3E-9E405228C8BF.jpeg.a0c8c7089d920f2961a62363ffe5c72b.jpeg

Nice dug ,braw

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, jackthelad said:

7 and a bit f****d now mate he came of age as my da was dying of cancer I ran the bollox of him ran the poor c**t into the ground but Iv some cracking memories wae that big dog 

Well.he done well.2 get this far then looks a nice dog for abit of ferreting deer bull grey like 

Sorry about your father mate

• Like 1
22 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

Thanks mate how do those bull Arabs do on them. 

if I lived in Australia I’d fancy one over a staghound 

To be honest ive not seen one hunt roos but big and strong enough for the job.  Bull Arabs are pig dogs generally pig hunters are very hard on dogs that hunt anything other than pigs. Staghound crossed with most things can produce some handy dogs.

On 08/11/2022 at 21:38, stevemac said:

Was the guy in NSW steve, I was going to get a deer/grey pup off someone a few years ago that just hunted roos, mainly on wheat stubble. He had a really nice big working deerhound as the sire.

• Like 2

was out getting some milk and bread at Co op by me, when a bloke with big male akita  ,  on other side of the road, when a bloke with a collie type my side was walking past. the akita nearly dragged the bloke across the road to get to the other dog, it had harness  on it, he couldnt control it  . i said to the bloke with akita , you want to get bloody collar on it, and strangle the bugger, he might think twice  about it. only breed i know you want stop pulling on a lead to get at another dog, are apbt and few staffs, ours would pull on lead never stopped our staffs and pit from pulling on a lead.

I find them bull Arab things a bit fascinating as correct me if I’m wrong , aren’t they a bit lurchery in that each area / type has differing variants of the term ?? 

remember a lad in a forum years ago posting his up and the variety between them was huge , think he explained that people assume they are the last dog to be used , for holding , when in reality , he used bigger stronger types to hold . 

sure it wash on the old hch site 

20 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Was the guy in NSW steve, I was going to get a deer/grey pup off someone a few years ago that just hunted roos, mainly on wheat stubble. He had a really nice big working deerhound as the sire.

Ya he is a good mate of mine.

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I find them bull Arab things a bit fascinating as correct me if I’m wrong , aren’t they a bit lurchery in that each area / type has differing variants of the term ?? 

remember a lad in a forum years ago posting his up and the variety between them was huge , think he explained that people assume they are the last dog to be used , for holding , when in reality , he used bigger stronger types to hold . 

sure it wash on the old hch site 

I thought they were ebt pointer and running dog mate

• Like 1