japanese akita x greyhound

2 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

There’s a video on YouTube of some pig dogs on a pig and one getting taken by a big saltie 

I know a bloke who was moving to the NT and had to teach his three staghounds to stay out of the water. No way I'd hunt with dogs up there.

• Like 1

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not just boars either  

It would of raped it

I've heard the "Saluki" theory also. But also heard the supposedly original breeder had mated his dog, which was called "Arab" with a bull type. "Arab" wasn't Saluki, but the name, as you say, added t

Posted Images

On 01/11/2022 at 10:41, Aussie Whip said:

Lol, knives are safer for the dogs, I've heard of bullets deflecting off bone and killing pig dogs. If you have good  holding dogs using a knife is pretty safe. You can't flip some big pigs so just have to get along side and knife them. I'd rather go for a quiet stroll these days rabbiting, I've always liked hunting rabbits and rats better.

What you grow up with I recon. Rabbits with ferrets and dogs are fun but still love getting after the foxes and pigs. Totally agree on knifing hogs I will shoot a pig but only when the dogs are busy on another. 

• Like 1
On 02/11/2022 at 00:04, MH1 said:

Not just boars either

That blokes got that dog well roo proofed. Most of the dogs I've had won't go after roos but will kill them if they go near me. My old pit/am bulldog  kills fairly big roos as quick as a terrier kills rats if they come around the house yard.

4 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

That blokes got that dog well roo proofed. Most of the dogs I've had won't go after roos but will kill them if they go near me. My old pit/am bulldog  kills fairly big roos as quick as a terrier kills rats if they come around the house yard.

I know tonks personally he is a very good dog man,  he should be hes a zoo keeper and works with elephants

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Dinosaurs said:

Would the Roo of done any damage to the dog or would it of got bored & let it go? Atb

I think that dog would have got free pretty quick. They can kill dogs, I had to put down my friends russell after it attacked an injured roo. My old blue lurcher was sown up a few times from rogue roos. I've heard of big roos drowning multiple dogs in dams, one after the other.

• Like 1
On 06/11/2022 at 08:53, Aussie Whip said:

What's he like at training Parson Russells, lol.

You don't train Parsons haha. He could hand that mighty task. Contact him on face book he actually does help those that are having trouble with dogs.

• Haha 1
On 05/11/2022 at 21:11, Dinosaurs said:

Would the Roo of done any damage to the dog or would it of got bored & let it go? Atb

Roos can open a dog up like a tin of salmon nothing may have happened in that situation as the dog wasn't fighting but many a roo dog has been killed taking down roos

Edited by stevemac
  • Like 2
15 hours ago, stevemac said:

You don't train Parsons haha. He could hand that mighty task. Contact him on face book he actually does help those that are having trouble with dogs.

I'm only joking around. I've got two Parsons now, I've had terriers for 47 years, they do their job but they wouldn't be terriers if they didn't annoy you daily, I think their relentless attitude is what I like about them., lol.

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

Can dogs take down big Roos?

You need two dogs, one to bail it and the other to tip it but I have heard of single handed dogs. In the old days, lol. I got attacked by a big roo when ferreting and my old blue whippet stag had it by the throat on the ground in a second, I had to drag her off and she got 10 stitches on her ribs.

• Like 1