where are people using their dogs?

Alrite lads,

I dont have a running dog, i'm a shooting man myself but i do find it interesting reading this section of THL. I see lots of pics of blokes in tracksuits with a bull cross and a hare and i guess i was wondering where people actually use their dogs? Or is that not a good question to ask? lol. I live in the fens and theres loads of rabbits and hares (to shoot and retrieve) but no one round here owns lurchers.

I dont know if that resembled a question but theres a lot of people who put pics up and i wondered where people go to work their dogs.

If it wasnt a good question nevermind.

Sam

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alrite lads,

I dont have a running dog, i'm a shooting man myself but i do find it interesting reading this section of THL. I see lots of pics of blokes in tracksuits with a bull cross and a hare and i guess i was wondering where people actually use their dogs? Or is that not a good question to ask? lol. I live in the fens and theres loads of rabbits and hares (to shoot and retrieve) but no one round here owns lurchers.

I dont know if that resembled a question but theres a lot of people who put pics up and i wondered where people go to work their dogs.

Sam

Sam, bet you there are lurcher men living near you there, lads who dont advertise the fact not like a lot of the type you mentioned, i dont know maybe its me but i love the course much more than the kill but that seems to have all changed now in the lurcher world now

Alrite lads,

Sam

Sam, bet you there are lurcher men living near you there, lads who dont advertise the fact not like a lot of the type you mentioned, i dont know maybe its me but i love the course much more than the kill but that seems to have all changed now in the lurcher world now

Too true! The blokes you are talking about are usually doing it somewhere their not meant to be. . . . they dont really live for the hunt - they live for the kill and the picture they can show their mates / post on a forum! Its really sad, they bring a bad name upon us and take too much game too loudly. And yes the love their bull x's.

Lets hope they find a new fascination soon and leave the hunting to the rest of us.

atb,

Jai.

real lurchermen (or women) for the most part keep to themselves, they work hard training their dogs, getting and keeping permission and don't need to display pics of their deeds. theres also too many individuals (cant use the words lurchermen or hunters) willing to steal ground, dogs or ferrets

real lurchermen (or women) for the most part keep to themselves, they work hard training their dogs, getting and keeping permission and don't need to display pics of their deeds. theres also too many individuals (cant use the words lurchermen or hunters) willing to steal ground, dogs or ferrets

never seen a bull cross that could catch a good winter daytime hare,and if it did by some misfortune;the hare running into something:it would be eaten before you could get to it,but all the butch tyro hunters will all be off to the fens now you've told them where they are,bull crosses are not running dogs,they're fighting dogs

all the ground was stolen in the first place ,lol

:icon_redface:

never seen a bull cross that could catch a good winter daytime hare,and if it did by some misfortune;the hare running into something:it would be eaten before you could get to it,but all the butch tyro hunters will all be off to the fens now you've told them where they are,bull crosses are not running dogs,they're fighting dogs

the bull x has its uses as much as any other lurchur and has earnt its place in the lurchur world.mine has never killed a rabbit yet,always been retrived perfectly life enough to release if you wanted to.he would also retrive a shot hare if i wanted him to without damaging it.as for clothing....emm im not sure it really matters what you wear,i dont wear traksuit bottoms to hunt in and nobody i no does and i do agree that there is a group spoiling it for the rest of us but it isnt just bull x owners at all or people that own traksuit bottoms!!!

edited for poor spelling!!!

Edited by ferreter.al

Alrite lads,

Sam

I have two friends with lurchers who live in your area.Personally I think it best not to advertise where you work a dog ,there are enough idiots poaching others ground as it is,what with 4x4 possies and helicopters, it is best to be a bit discreet even when on permission, imo.

:icon_redface:

as I said never seen one catch a hare,you say it will retrieve a shot one,shame on you mate ,if the dog can't catch them, let them go for another day and a better dog,I could never shoot such a majestic animal that can give hours of sport to one and all.

the bull x has its uses as much as any other lurchur and has earnt its place in the lurchur world.mine has never killed a rabbit yet,always been retrived perfectly life enough to release if you wanted to.he would also retrive a shot hare if i wanted him to without damaging it.as for clothing....emm im not sure it really matters what you wear,i dont wear traksuit bottoms to hunt in and nobody i no does and i do agree that there is a group spoiling it for the rest of us but it isnt just bull x owners at all or people that own traksuit bottoms!!!

edited for poor spelling!!!

cheers for the replies. I pretty much know everyone round where i live and although i dont have a problem with lurchers, all the local farmers do. I suppose thats why i very rarely see any. We tend to lamp from my truck which would alert 'lurchermen' to our presence if they were out. But i think its a shame, there are lots of hares and the fens are very flat lol

Sam

He couldn't cos he's a biast retard who tars all bullx owners with the same brush. Only seen a handfull of bullx's who fight with other dogs, seen fighters in every cross. Wirral countryman have you ever owned a bullx or are you one of the old school who have always had the same breed from the start & would own nothing else?

Guest DogFaceKillah

i disagree! ive seen plenty of well bred bull x's retireve shot hares! week in week out! on proper hare ground