keeping ferrets in chicken coop

hello is there anyone here keeping there ferrets in a chicken coop? i am thinking of housing my group together in one have been looking on a few sites and i can pick a small one up for about £175 they look the biz anyone see any draw backs to using them? the living space would be straight on the ground thinking id use straw on floor with a huge heavy tray in corner for latrine they would have ladder then leading into living quarters to sleep and will also be kept under cover from weather. cheers

ps heres a link to the one i like Norfolk coop http://www.ilikesheds.com/Product.aspx?id=3057

Edited by reddog70

hello is there anyone here keeping there ferrets in a chicken coop? i am thinking of housing my group together in one have been looking on a few sites and i can pick a small one up for about £175 they look the biz anyone see any draw backs to using them? the living space would be straight on the ground thinking id use straw on floor with a huge heavy tray in corner for latrine they would have ladder then leading into living quarters to sleep and will also be kept under cover from weather. cheers

ps heres a link to the one i like Norfolk coop http://www.ilikesheds.com/Product.aspx?id=3057

It's a fine place to house them mate :thumbs: Just make sure you have a good base :victory:

PS, you would either need to mesh the entire floor, or, my choice, use slabs. the ferrets will dig out in no time otherwise.

It's a fine place to house them mate :thumbs: Just make sure you have a good base :victory:

thanks longdog ill put it up on a concrete base :thumbs:

heres mine that I got beffore xmes, just a cpl of bits to do to them, mesh the bottom and put a turn button where the pull out tray is, other than that they are great. ebay 125quid lot cheaper and nice put together

post-46519-12652026535_thumb.jpg

Edited by kobi2k4

heres mine that I got beffore xmes, just a cpl of bits to do to them, mesh the bottom and put a turn button where the pull out tray is, other than that they are great. ebay 125quid lot cheaper and nice put together

once kept my ferrets in something simlar to that but the mesh wasn't as good. it had chicken mesh on it and the forever made holes in it. good job the garden was fenced off well or i could have lost the lot!! if the mesh is good strong stuff , they'le love it in there