Any advice to help

After some advice from anyone with similar experience please.

I was out on Sunday afternoon with the dogs on public footpaths. I could hear a dog barking from a fairly near farmhouse which is unusual as I come out to this place quite a bit. Shortly after this the police helicopter appears overhead and my thoughts were that maybe there was a robbery of some sort going on. Anyway, I head back towards my van which is parked in the direction of the farmhouse and start to put my dogs back in as I had already been out for an hour or two, when armed response come from behind me jogging/walking along the track (fat c***s were too unfit to jog properly). They ask me if I have been poaching and after a brief argument about wasting time and money and over reacting they search around for any carcusses which they don't find and then search me for weapons. They find my hunting knife which a straight blade in a case with a 4" long blade and then nick me for offensive weapon. I explained in interview that the knife was in the back of the van and I got it out when I was putting the dogs in and then I would have driven home. While I am at the station they take my dogs to be checked out for dangerous dogs act.

Haven't been charged yet but bailed until later this month.

Anyone had any similar and what was the outcome?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ROUGH COATED

Most of the time when you get 47/3 bailed when you go back they drop the charge,or they will extend the bail untill they pretend to get more EVIDENCE for another date,let us no how you got on

All the best!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that you are allowed to carry a knife if you are using it in connection with your business. This means that if you are out ferreting you can carry a knife for gutting etc. It has to be proved that the kniife was not been carried legally.

rgds

Swampy

Confused .com ning

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that you are allowed to carry a knife if you are using it in connection with your business. This means that if you are out ferreting you can carry a knife for gutting etc. It has to be proved that the kniife was not been carried legally.

he cant use that excuse if he wasnt on permission can he.or he gonna be admitting to in persuit of game.but as far as i know you are correct.as for a specific job on private land with consent then ok.

rgds

Swampy

Confused .com ning

I been tugged a few times with the dogs, never any hassle. Once they checked the car etc & had the firearms section out & chopper. Between 3 of us , with dogs, knifes a saw & hatchett, they thought we were a crime syndicate doing collections, after a laff & a little respect ,nothin happened , on the way home & done !

They are doing us a favor, keeping it safe , & its there job.

Treat them as you wish to be treated , (gritted teeth, biting the tounge) , but fuk it, all is sweet :thumbs:

I been tugged a few times with the dogs, never any hassle. Once they checked the car etc & had the firearms section out & chopper. Between 3 of us , with dogs, knifes a saw & hatchett, they thought we were a crime syndicate doing collections, after a laff & a little respect ,nothin happened , on the way home & done !

They are doing us a favor, keeping it safe , & its there job.

Treat them as you wish to be treated , (gritted teeth, biting the tounge) , but fuk it, all is sweet :thumbs:

I wasn't rude to them just very shocked at what was happening and told them this. I thought that there was a robbery going on by the reaction not someone doing the hobby they enjoy!!!