.223 shells

I recently purchest a new Tika T3 .223,I have put quite a few rounds through it and now have a load of empty shells !!

So I was wondering what to do with them ,and are they worth a few pence?

They are changing hands for £20 per 100 on one forum.

I recently purchest a new Tika T3 .223,I have put quite a few rounds through it and now have a load of empty shells !!

So I was wondering what to do with them ,and are they worth a few pence?

save them and start re-loading .

you wouldn't be able to sell them to reloaders as they are fire formed to your chamber and may not fit in their rifle.

DB

thats certainly not true, most reloaders will have full length re-sizing die's which will return the cases back to factory dimensions.

thats certainly not true, most reloaders will have full length re-sizing die's which will return the cases back to factory dimensions.

mmm I forgot about that, I was under the impression people only neck sized brass to prolong it's life, not being worked so much and making it brittle with full length sizing done only in semi auto brass.

but I think I am right in saying that a fire formed case from one rifle may not fit in the chamber of another?

I think I am right in saying that a fire formed case from one rifle may not fit in the chamber of another?

Some people just resize the neck with rounds they intend to use in the same rifle and even go to the extent of inserting the bullet the same way up each time.

you wouldn't be able to sell them to reloaders as they are fire formed to your chamber and may not fit in their rifle, and you'd have to have an awful lot of cases to make up any weight to take to the scrap man, not really sure what you'd do with them... :hmm:

DB

This is what re-sizing dies are for.

J.

I think I am right in saying that a fire formed case from one rifle may not fit in the chamber of another?

Some people just resize the neck with rounds they intend to use in the same rifle and even go to the extent of inserting the bullet the same way up each time.

I hope they put the bullet up the right way each time!! :clapper: :clapper:

you wouldn't be able to sell them to reloaders as they are fire formed to your chamber and may not fit in their rifle, and you'd have to have an awful lot of cases to make up any weight to take to the scrap man, not really sure what you'd do with them... :hmm:

DB

This is what re-sizing dies are for.

J.

yeah I realised- read my earlier post

DB

Thanks for all the replies I think I might keep the shells for now and get someone else to reload them for me maybe? I haven’t got the patience to do them my self.

Reloading's fun. Give it a try, you don't need to spend a lot to get set up. With the price of ammo today you don't need to shoot much before you pay for the cost of your kit.

Also, remember, that if you get someone else to reload for you then he will have to write the ammo on your ticket everytime he gives it to you.

J.