New artificial

lol...you mentioned it Steviemann!!!

just thinking about making an artificial earth. About 120 yards from the sheds on my permission there is a mound of earth covered rubble next to a long ditch. Foxes used to be snared here regulalry as this was one place where they could get into the field without crossing the water. Spoke to the farmer and he is happy we try to build an earth there to see if we can lure and foxes in.

I am thinking a v or u shaped tube, with a chamber somewhere in the middle. The mound is probably about 8 foot high in the middle and possibly 15-20 feet wide but fairly gradually sloped.

Thinking about stone, wood or brick sides as we have a load of old sleepers we could use. Earth bottomed though. There arent any rabbits that have been seen in these fields for as long as anyone can remember so they shouldnt be a problem?

Should I start the entrances at ground level or half way up the bank?

I think from what i have read that the tunnel should slope slightly upwards to the chamber. I like the idea of using a half dusbin for the chamber itself, i take it you only want the chamber head space to be 12-16 inches? and the tunnels shound be about 9" high - 7" wide or thereabous?

By all means any advice would be appreciated [relating to the earth...lol]

atb and good thread!!