saluki

What lines should i look for if i was to buy one?

what kind of money are we talking for a nice pup?

i would love one to run as a lurcher

Hang fire for a for a couple of years and there will be some fresh blooded dogs on the go and hopfully some good outcross litters on the ground. The Kizzy/Pharoh dogs are excellent coursing/hunting dogs there is no doubt about that but there are some health issues mainly growth problems in pups and some auto immune disorders starting to appear in some due to tight breeding.

That would be my advise anyway.

lol

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love these threads, But am i right in thinking no one has actually slated kizzy/pharoh/ khan lines everyone seems to agree they are some, if not the best, lines in europe maybe even the world.  

fact is they are from the same lines,cruise, cruise junior, kizzy ect ect ect .fact. if they was been bred to further the breed then why isnt there new blood been entered into the breeding lines. im

it seems that the pure saluki has been turned into the new border terrier, it was only 5 yrs ago that you couldnt give them away unlike the border that was like gold dust to breeders. a guy from the

Posted Images

Hang fire for a for a couple of years and there will be some fresh blooded dogs on the go and hopfully some good outcross litters on the ground. The Kizzy/Pharoh dogs are excellent coursing/hunting dogs there is no doubt about that but there are some health issues mainly growth problems in pups and some auto immune disorders starting to appear in some due to tight breeding.

lol

IS YOUR RED DOG AT STUD MATE?????PM ME

Hang fire for a for a couple of years and there will be some fresh blooded dogs on the go and hopfully some good outcross litters on the ground. The Kizzy/Pharoh dogs are excellent coursing/hunting dogs there is no doubt about that but there are some health issues mainly growth problems in pups and some auto immune disorders starting to appear in some due to tight breding.

Clarify that Mark the dogs have no auto immune disorders, None. Tested

surely indiscriminate and inconsiderate breeding for profit only within the exsisting uk lines is a major part of the reason for health problems in uk stock,I appreciate its a small gene pool rarely added to but a very high percentage are healthy, very healthy indeed. I'd happily buy another british bred saluki from the right breeder.

However I think in the long run new blood is required, but its not to say that the owners of these imports will want to stud them out ;) there is no guarentee they will perform in this country, although I know of one that is already making its owner proud and I have a hunch the next few in will as well as they are going to people who are passionate about this breed, and can bring out the best in their animals Uk or import. Intersting times ahead for saluki in the UK, I'll wager Kizzy Lines are still going strong in 20 years ;) I look forward to the infusion of coo blood, wonder if the hares will 8) (hypothetical)

bst dogs ive saw saluki wise were in the usa some [bANNED TEXT] dogs there and they have the land and game to legaly test them rather than duckin and diving for sport

yes but how many can afford to take there dogs to the states for a run !!! :hmm:

give me examples of these ,growth problems ..and auto immune disorders and where you get your information from ,mark ? :hmm:

bst dogs ive saw saluki wise were in the usa some [bANNED TEXT] dogs there and they have the land and game to legaly test them rather than duckin and diving for sport

Do they really test them Whin or are they slipping two and three dogs at a time? :hmm:

(On "hare")