saluki

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love these threads, But am i right in thinking no one has actually slated kizzy/pharoh/ khan lines everyone seems to agree they are some, if not the best, lines in europe maybe even the world.  

fact is they are from the same lines,cruise, cruise junior, kizzy ect ect ect .fact. if they was been bred to further the breed then why isnt there new blood been entered into the breeding lines. im

it seems that the pure saluki has been turned into the new border terrier, it was only 5 yrs ago that you couldnt give them away unlike the border that was like gold dust to breeders. a guy from the

Posted Images

gret looking salukis ..come on richard... put him on :thumbs:

Twist my arm mate, Nero after a days shooting down country last week, he made just the one retrieve looking forward to a nice lazy summer

2010_0127NeroJenhare0012-1.jpg

2010_0127NeroJenhare0018-1.jpg

2009_0101cameranew0097-1.jpg

Edited by arcticgun

Twist my arm mate, Nero after a days shooting down country last week, he made just the one retrieve looking forward to a nice lazy summer

nice shooting , :whistling:

T'was truely a fine day out, how times have come on since I wondered about with a BSA Meteor, he deserved the retrieve, he is as fit as fire and in lovely condition, gonna be a long summer, but he will have his first season before he knows it :thumbs: early indications are positive :yes:

nice shooting , :whistling:

T'was truely a fine day out, how times have come on since I wondered about with a BSA Meteor, he deserved the retrieve, he is as fit as fire and in lovely condition, gonna be a long summer, but he will have his first season before he knows it :thumbs: early indications are positive :yes:

Thanks richard, I'm keeping them ticking over but it's bee a poor and frustrating season for me with numerous tranport issues.

That is an excellent result for Nero Richard, can't ask for a better start for him!

Regards

Mark

What lines should i look for if i was to buy one?

what kind of money are we talking for a nice pup?

i would love one to run as a lurcher

Hang fire for a for a couple of years and there will be some fresh blooded dogs on the go and hopfully some good outcross litters on the ground. The Kizzy/Pharoh dogs are excellent coursing/hunting dogs there is no doubt about that but there are some health issues mainly growth problems in pups and some auto immune disorders starting to appear in some due to tight breeding.

That would be my advise anyway.

• Like 1

Hang fire for a for a couple of years and there will be some fresh blooded dogs on the go and hopfully some good outcross litters on the ground. The Kizzy/Pharoh dogs are excellent coursing/hunting dogs there is no doubt about that but there are some health issues mainly growth problems in pups and some auto immune disorders starting to appear in some due to tight breeding.

very interesting mark ...where are these outcrosses coming from?

:clapper: some very nice dogs thier people. allso some :toast: winners.bigliks the dog in top pic very nice looker, riohog ive said it before your sire what a stunner.(red).and emeera,you have one beautifull looking dog.all of them, thier all a credit to you all. all fit well looked after dogs. :victory: to each and every one of you. :clapper::thumbs:

Brookie's litter for one of which Richards is one, Shaddows bitch and his mates dog from the same litter, my Nura, your import lots to looks forward to :).

If you think about it the bulk of the Saluki's came into the UK near enough 100 years ago and there was only around 40 or so and with only a very small number or imports in the last few years almost everything else has been bred out of those initial 40 or so dogs so when you think of the dogs that have come last year and those that are coming in it's looking pretty good for the future.

Edited by Meerihunter