my dog been attacked

Good job im not in Australia then isnt it. My statement stands, any dog attacked my dog or me it would get beaten to death there and then or shot later, end of convo.

Whats the difference between Australia and a yoghurt???

If you leave a yoghurt on its own for a while it would develop a culture.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job im not in Australia then isnt it. My statement stands, any dog attacked my dog or me it would get beaten to death there and then or shot later, end of convo.

Whats the difference between Australia and a yoghurt???

If you leave a yoghurt on its own for a while it would develop a culture.

now that i do like bert :clapper::clapper:

Thats just bloody shocking that the dog was loose if it's known to be aggressive! Best of luck with the dog and vet bill!

last dog that was running loose and attacked one of our dogs bit off more than it could chew! Collie cross took a dislike to our ridgeback :wallbash::wallbash: i just let the lead go on the ridgeback and stood back to watch the party :boxing:

It Won't be running loose again :feck:

shes alot better today,just waddeling round kitchen,funny thing is that i rang a lad up who i go lamping with knowing he exercises his dogs on the same field occasionally and asked him if he new the dog and he said "what that nasty fuker?" n i said yes and told him the story,apparently it had a go at his pat! dont no what im going to do yet.we shall see,cheers.alex

shes alot better today,just waddeling round kitchen,funny thing is that i rang a lad up who i go lamping with knowing he exercises his dogs on the same field occasionally and asked him if he new the dog and he said "what that nasty fuker?" n i said yes and told him the story,apparently it had a go at his pat! dont no what im going to do yet.we shall see,cheers.alex

Hi Mate

Osrry to hear about your dog. Some owners of dogs just dont have a clue, and if been attacked then the other person should pay if off a lead. I agree, i have two dogs and if a dog attacked mine first i would take care of the dog then the owner for been such a stupid :censored: , as far as australia well what can i say owner would also take a bullit so no come back spaded come cheap over here aswell. :boxing:

a quick and simple solution mate, Got to the coast get your self a starfish, cook it in fryingpan that you are never going to use again in beef dripping, go for a walk down the field next time you see the dog feed it the starfish, no bullet required.

Or A bit of meat with a mercuary battery ( the small watch ones )in side and walk away.

or grab the front legs so on back legs and then give them a good push outwards and towards its back so its sholderbaldes go inward if it attacks again.

Some people may not agree and sorry for this but some times needs must, next time it may kill a dog ( may be yours )maybe a child, far fetched ????? i dont think so.

as far as australia well what can i say owner would also take a bullit so no come back spaded come cheap over here aswell. :boxing:

I love it when little kids get on the net...

Cheers.

Edit: All this talk about killing the dog and blah blah. You sound like teens trying to show how interesting and exotic you are. Surely the UK has a few laws about dangerous dogs that allow the feds to deal with this shit. Let the State take care of the dog. Has the attack been reported to the police, the council or whomever administers the law? If not, why not? Failure to follow through in this makes you complicit on the next attack on the dog. I think the dog should go, no question, but foot stamping won't do it. Here a dog likle that can be declared dangerous at the least and comes under all sorts of rules and reg about housing and restraint. One more strike and they are then out.

Get rid of the dog in the park or on the street and the bloody owner (who is the actual problem) gets another toughie to show off with. You have to make it all cost $$ to register with fools.

Go to the authorities as a first instance and the owner will end up paying not only the vet bill but a few other things as well.

Now, clearly a few of the slower thinkers thought I was being flippant with my remark about what would happen out here if you killed someones dog as suggested. I was not. I'm not going into it here but I know what can happen and have seen the results. All immature revenge talk is self indulgent and designed to make the writer feel powerful when in fact they feel powerless to do anything about the situation.

Call the feds and have them enforce every law imaginable on the owner of the attack dog. He's the problem, not the dog. The dog is just a manifestation of the owners immaturity.

Edited by Ned Makim

Hi Mate

Osrry to hear about your dog. Some owners of dogs just dont have a clue, and if been attacked then the other person should pay if off a lead. I agree, i have two dogs and if a dog attacked mine first i would take care of the dog then the owner for been such a stupid censored.gif , as far as australia well what can i say owner would also take a bullit so no come back spaded come cheap over here aswell. boxing.gif

a quick and simple solution mate, Got to the coast get your self a starfish, cook it in fryingpan that you are never going to use again in beef dripping, go for a walk down the field next time you see the dog feed it the starfish, no bullet required.

Or A bit of meat with a mercuary battery ( the small watch ones )in side and walk away.

or grab the front legs so on back legs and then give them a good push outwards and towards its back so its sholderbaldes go inward if it attacks again.

Some people may not agree and sorry for this but some times needs must, next time it may kill a dog ( may be yours )maybe a child, far fetched ????? i dont think so.

Put poison down for a dogwallbash.gifwallbash.gif I know its bad wats happend to als dog but advice like this ffs this site just gets betterdoh.gif

If anyone's dog is attacked, especially by a bull type, don't try to seperate them by grabbing the collars etc. Grab the aggressive dog's back legs and lift both off the ground. Most dogs will let go to protect their flank from 'attack'. It is also impossible to get bitten from that postiion and hold. If they don't left go at the very least they aggressor cannot drive it's head and body into your dog and they can't thrash their heads about the same.

:clapper::clapper::clapper: .....i cant get tom and jerry cartoons out of my mind !!

Mate....its better to give no advice than give bad advice.

If anyone's dog is attacked, especially by a bull type, don't try to seperate them by grabbing the collars etc. Grab the aggressive dog's back legs and lift both off the ground. Most dogs will let go to protect their flank from 'attack'. It is also impossible to get bitten from that postiion and hold. If they don't left go at the very least they aggressor cannot drive it's head and body into your dog and they can't thrash their heads about the same.

:clapper::clapper::clapper: .....i cant get tom and jerry cartoons out of my mind !!

Mate....its better to give no advice than give bad advice.

It's good advice mate. And it works.

Can't imagine what's going through your head?

Inexperience in the matter is all I can assume.

I've been hunting boar with my own dogs since I was 17. I'm still doing it now. I'm 50 this year and still hands on. I mostly go alone and use a knife rather than a rifle. The dogs you rely on for that job have a lot of will as you would imagine. Breaking up a fight between two of them is a big job single handed...unless you do it the way I've suggested. There would be other ways of course (and I've used most of them) but this was is the least damage to everyone involved.

Cheers.

PS Gnasher, if you want to have another shot can you include your qualifications to speak? What dogs do you use, what do you hunt, how often do you hunt with dogs and how long has this been going on.

Edited by Ned Makim

as far as australia well what can i say owner would also take a bullit so no come back spaded come cheap over here aswell. :boxing:

I love it when little kids get on the net...

Cheers.

Edit: All this talk about killing the dog and blah blah. You sound like teens trying to show how interesting and exotic you are. Surely the UK has a few laws about dangerous dogs that allow the feds to deal with this shit. Let the State take care of the dog. Has the attack been reported to the police, the council or whomever administers the law? If not, why not? Failure to follow through in this makes you complicit on the next attack on the dog. I think the dog should go, no question, but foot stamping won't do it. Here a dog likle that can be declared dangerous at the least and comes under all sorts of rules and reg about housing and restraint. One more strike and they are then out.

Get rid of the dog in the park or on the street and the bloody owner (who is the actual problem) gets another toughie to show off with. You have to make it all cost $$ to register with fools.

Go to the authorities as a first instance and the owner will end up paying not only the vet bill but a few other things as well.

Now, clearly a few of the slower thinkers thought I was being flippant with my remark about what would happen out here if you killed someones dog as suggested. I was not. I'm not going into it here but I know what can happen and have seen the results. All immature revenge talk is self indulgent and designed to make the writer feel powerful when in fact they feel powerless to do anything about the situation.

Call the feds and have them enforce every law imaginable on the owner of the attack dog. He's the problem, not the dog. The dog is just a manifestation of the owners immaturity.

Ned - that is all good and admirable in theory, but unfortunately the authorities are not too quick to get involved in cases of dog on dog agression, only when a person is injured. Loose dogs are indeed a problem, especially in public areas with tubes who are not willing to accept responsibility for their animals behaviour.

Thanks for that. It explains a bit...

Over here the laws cover any attack on anything. The dog can be declared dangerous for frightening someone. If the feds don't like the look of you or you're driving through a town other than your own, some cops will stop the vehicle and checkl for microchips.

It is illegal here to have a dog thatr isn't microchipped and registered with the local authority. It's not rigorously enforced in your own home town but elsewhere you can get into strife.

I'm older so the cops aren't so interested in me but the young blokes can get a hammering. It's all part of the overall dangerous dog management system here.

Cheers.

It's good advice mate. And it works.

Can't imagine what's going through your head?

Inexperience in the matter is all I can assume.

I've been hunting boar with my own dogs since I was 17. I'm still doing it now. I'm 50 this year and still hands on. I mostly go alone and use a knife rather than a rifle. The dogs you rely on for that job have a lot of will as you would imagine. Breaking up a fight between two of them is a big job single handed...unless you do it the way I've suggested. There would be other ways of course (and I've used most of them) but this was is the least damage to everyone involved.

Cheers.

PS Gnasher, if you want to have another shot can you include your qualifications to speak? What dogs do you use, what do you hunt, how often do you hunt with dogs and how long has this been going on.

inexperience...that would be it then...... :clapper: .....

try breaking off a grown apbt from another dog by lifting him up from his back legs......once you have done that have a rethink about your last few posts.........

qualifications and how long :blink: ....ive broke off 1 or 2 dogs over the years,nowhere near a man of your experience and knowledge of course ;)