what shovels the best?

Guest fence_hopper

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bulldogs are fair quality but can snap on the joint between the blade/shaft,the best thing to do is cut it purposly on the joint and weld a solid steel bar inside it,it makes it heavier to carry b

if ya can get the bull dog carbon fibre shaft,either the small or large round mouths,the large can be cut down,are a great piece of shovel..use them day in day out,diggin gravels and of a week end out with the tykes...

That s what i use mate, i have a bulldog with the yellow carbon shaft got it given to me by someone that works on the water board but they cant get them anymore. I have been on bulldogs website they have shit loads on there prety pricey but well worth it.

A mate has bought a £20 silverline shovel that bellman and flint are selling for 5o quid and its split after 6 months.. bulldog_logo.png bulldog_tagline.png

• <LI class=first>
HomeAbout UsFactory TourStockistsImages LibraryContact UsBlog

bulldog_banner.png SEARCHblank.gifblank.gif All Premier Garden Pedigree Garden Evergreen Garden Standard Garden All Seasons Garden Children's Gardening Farming Contractor Alan Titchmarsh blank.gifvar folded = new Array();function o_c(el){ if(folded[el] == 1) { Effect.SlideUp("mi_" + el); folded[el] = 0; } else { Effect.SlideDown("mi_" + el); folded[el] = 1; }}Contractor / Shovels

30035335002850.jpg

largerimage.gif

download_image.gif

Contractors Premier G/S Shovel

Description

Solid Forged Round Mouth Shovel.

Features

• G/S Shovel
  • Treaded Blade
  • Handle Length 28"
  • Ash Handle with Metal "D" Grip
  • Forged In Britain

Part No.Product Info Price Incl. VAT 5335002850Head Size 12.5x10.5" (315x265mm) 28" (711mm) Shaft£54.71 £64.28Barcode:07 34442 806448 products.v2.gifShovelsSpadesForksRakesFencing ToolsPremier Contractor Accessoriesproductcategories.v2.gifPremier GardenPedigree GardenEvergreen GardenStandard GardenAll Seasons GardenChildren's GardeningFarmingContractorAlan Titchmarsh

t4s_findoutmore.gif

bulldog_facebook.gif

button_200years.png

button_crowthers.png

button_rollins.png

• <LI class=first>
HomeAbout UsFactory TourStockistsImages LibraryContact UsTerms of Business

© 2008 Rollins Group Ltd ~ Bulldog is part of the Rollins Group ~ All Rights Reserved ~ Member Login var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://ssl." : "http://www.");document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-4831100-1");pageTracker._initData();pageTracker._trackPageview();

Edited by stormrider8

We use these -

904.jpg

Bellman & Flint are selling them at £28 a pop, I didn't get ours from there as there is a tool shop that I use that was selling them.

Excellent tools!

We've always got a bar, a T-bar and a long blade grafter handy as well :good: .

thats the bad boy i use.

I think im gunna get jack boi's baby blue tracksuit to go with it though

We use these -

904.jpg

Bellman & Flint are selling them at £28 a pop, I didn't get ours from there as there is a tool shop that I use that was selling them.

Excellent tools!

We've always got a bar, a T-bar and a long blade grafter handy as well :good: .

thats the bad boy i use.

I think im gunna get jack boi's baby blue tracksuit to go with it though

LOL :rofl:

You'd look the business mate!

brandon tool hire sell a full steel round mouth bull dog 25 quid and also in-excess got a spear an jackson round mouth wood shaft t,handle shovel 12 quid,also a handy spade is the water board one welded on a fenceing bar

Edited by leec

Of the bulldog range whats the one to go for. keeping in mind price but quality bein the main factor as iv seen a fair few break. Heres two iv bein looking at on bulldogs site.

http://www.bulldogtools.co.uk/index.php?mod=3&id=293&rid=7

This ones got ash Handle with Metal "D" Grip and is £64 incl vat.

http://www.bulldogtools.co.uk/index.php?mod=3&id=356&rid=7

Where as with this one its got Powerlite Fibreglass Shaft. Ranges from £52-£58 incl vat.

So the fiberglass is cheaper then the ash but what would you all go for? :hmm:

suppose its down to weight aswell they both have there upside and downside here as the fibreglass is ideal to carry accross feilds where as the ash would be that bit heavier but its very handy to have that bit of weight behind a shovel to break earth.

We use these -

904.jpg

Excellent tools!

We've always got a bar, a T-bar and a long blade grafter handy as well good.gif .

If you look online you can buy them for less than 19 quid, Silverline have been making budget tools for years. They split after a short while! Toolstaion or screwfix used to sell them i think.

I have never found a shovel that didnt need modifying in some way. I think they are too long! Bulldog are best with digging plates on and about 2-3 inch taking off the shaft and the sides of the blade shaping.

But also tried some real cheap ones last year, i think they were called excalibur and i bought ten of them for 120 i think. Once customised they are a handy tool....Just MHO....JD