Rytex free ???????????

I've noticed a few adverts for 'Pups for sale' and they've advertised as 'Rytex free', i understand that everyone is entitled to their reasoning, and their is plenty of people green with envy when it comes to certain lines/breeders.

I was wanting to know ( apart from the ' i dont like him/her ' route ) why they would opt for a ' Rytex free line of breeding

any thoughts would be appreciated.

Baz

I've noticed a few adverts for 'Pups for sale' and they've advertised as 'Rytex free', i understand that everyone is entitled to their reasoning, and their is plenty of people green with envy when it comes to certain lines/breeders.

I was wanting to know ( apart from the ' i dont like him/her ' route ) why they would opt for a ' Rytex free line of breeding

Baz

Often wondered why myself, got Rytex in both of mine and can't fault them.

Like you say it must be something personel.

Andy

Baz

i think a little bit of jealousy some people say they are to white in colour and a bit hot to handle !but like always in this country if you are good at something every one likes to have a pop at you :toast:

its preference, a lot of old men i know which are into there spaniels will not touch anything with rytex...

I think alot of it boils sown to jealousy, because no1 can doubt what Ian has done, but people don't like all the white, sensitivity, speed and so on.

Its preferences isn't it but I would love to know the sole reason.

Its funny also as 8 out of 10 pedigrees these days will feature Rytex in there. Its difficult to avoid it, so maybe breeders with pedigrees without rytex in them are using this as a unique way of selling, I know Newflame use that as a major selling point.

"Good Subject Hendo"

Yes I have seen a few adds now with "rytex free" in them recently, just want to pick up on something rickyspringer mentioned, do you find them more sensitive than a springer of different breeding I have seen a few springers now from rytex breeding and they were VERY sensitive, just wondered if it was in the lines somewhere, also when they get mentioned to be "too hot" what would people say was "too hot"

Thanks

Yvonne

Yes I have seen a few adds now with "rytex free" in them recently, just want to pick up on something rickyspringer mentioned, do you find them more sensitive than a springer of different breeding I have seen a few springers now from rytex breeding and they were VERY sensitive, just wondered if it was in the lines somewhere, also when they get mentioned to be "too hot" what would people say was "too hot"

Thanks

Yvonne

Ive trained a few springers, and have found alot to be 'soft natured' but ive never really related that problem to the breeding in particular, obviously makes you think about the parents of the pup, but ive never thought it to be directly linked to a certain line of breeding, i think every dog is individual in their training ie some cant be shouted at, where some need grabbed by the scruffs of the neck. As in 'Too hot to handle' ive never come across a springer that has been described as this, i think its down to the handler, sure, its not too be taken for granted that theyre a walk in the park, but with a bit of knowledge/or help they are far from hard to train.

Baz

• 2 weeks later...

I personally think its down to the way Any line is trained... and the time taken,

my mate has had springers most of his life, and the two best dogs he had where from the rytex line,

these dogs could be worked by anyone on the whistle, Sometimes my mate would be a little hard on the dogs letting them away with little if they ranged too far...!!!

But when i took them out myself, i could keep them in range 95% of the time, they were totally awesome in heavy cover like we have here,

And you had to slow them up as they would simply cut themselves up in the heavy cover..

time spent training and bonding = sucess out in the field.

Snap.

snap I like that alot " time spent out training and bonding = success in the field"

never a truer word spoken put the graft in and have a great bond your dog will do anything for you, well in the case of my bitch she will doe anything for herself icon_redface.gif

Its the truth mate,

i've seen SO many dogs ruined by owners who expected to much to soon from a potentially great pup, only to get frustrated and punish the dog...

I've seen a great springer ruined by an owner cliping the dog for not retrieving quickly enough, And the dog got that nervous that it simply wouldn't take the downed bird to the owner..!!!

And owners working the dogs too hard over rough ground, and working them till they tire and cannot hunt, only to take it out on the dog...!!!censored.gif

These are the men you will see at least every year or two changing dogs or breeds, As they simply cannot get the best from ANY dog...

ATB.

Snap.