ferreting in the snow

well i just went out and did a couple of smallish buries 5 mins from my house(but left the shotty at home because i was taking a newbie out with me). bolted 4 and netted 3 one slipped out the net when the peg didnt hold ,was really struggling to get them in but my nets with tent pegs on went in a treat and they hold well in normal conditions too. so 3 healthy rabbits which is good because i can't get more dog food till monday at the earliest.

plus all 4 were bolted by my new jill from chris, she works great mate just like here mum but without the bushy tail. need to get a harness for them too as the collars keep slipping of at the net and they wont go any tighter.

oh yeah and my next door neighbor's daughter is now a ferreting fan :toast: a ferreting partner next door yes!

so get out there lads and wrap up warm its fecking freezing brrr....

atb rob

yep agree get out n about when i was a lad didnt have ferret collars they were about but a bit expencive any bother used to just send the hob down dont like the hedgerows meself can never tell whats conected to what cant always be choosy best to have a dog save time but saying that just being out there taking it all in is part of what its all about for me

It's worth ferreting in the snow as you can see which burrows are in use but i prefer to shoot the bolting rabbits as you cant find all the bolt holes and you miss a fair few with the purse nets

Its well worth it mate, i was out today with purse nets and my terrior marking holes that were open(not covered in snow)

we got 5 but 2 of them were backnetted where we missed a hole inder a big log but the rest of the holes that were netted caught well, you just have to cover the edges of the nets with snow.