Barbour jackets

Decided to invest in a new Barbour jacket as my old 1s saw better days and my real tree jacket just isn't the same as a good old Barbour, just wondering who else rates the good old waxed Barbour for hunting,fishing,shooting etc etc! Atb Darren

Edited by MACRORIE

had my barbour moorland for a good while now. never let me down! and the amount of times i end up on my arse in a bramble or blackthorn would make many other jackets give up and go home! not cheap but very reliable!!!!!!!

I have had a Berwick Endurance for 10 years, keeeps you dry and has a detachable hood, loads of pockets, had a solway zipper many years ago,went stiff as a board in cold weather, smelly after a period of time, you can't wash waxed cotton, wouldn't have another wax jacket.

I had one years ago but found it got condensation in it, anybody else have this problem?

yep, drew the sweat out of me, and wasnt the best jacket when i was fishing the dry fly, always seemed to get wax on my leader and made it float and stick out like a sore thumb.

• 1 month later...