Whats your deer gun.

have a weatherby vanguard 270 with a z6 2x12x50 swarovski scope with a t8 sound moderator and use norma 110 grain ballistic tips bullets.also a tikka t3 lite 223 with a 8x56 s&b scope wth a s5 sound moderator and use sako 50 grain ballistic tips bullets

Edited by baillie

I have a 1980's Parker Hale 1200 Deluxe in .243, un-moderated with a Nikko Stirling 6-24x50 scope, which I feed with 105 grain Geco soft point "T Mantel" ammunition.

She'll make clover leaf groups at 150 yards, and shoots nice and flat, with plenty of terminal energy to take any British deer. The rifle set me back £200, the scope was £55 a couple of years ago, so all in all a cheap, reliable system that I'm happy to take out and won't be horribly upset if she takes a knock or two.

Next project is to get her screw cut and fit a mod, not sure what yet, but I've heard good things about the ASE Utra's.

No pics at the mo, I'll take some tomorrow and put them up.

Aye

I also have the Parker Hale 1200 safari deluxe in .243 wearing a Meopta 7x56 and a Wildcat P8 mod superb set up

Every bit as accurate as my old Tika T3 with the Ase Utra

My preferance in mods is for the P8 as I found the balance a bit out withthe Ase, sound wise there was nowt in it!

ATB

• 2 weeks later...

Remington 700 in .243cal with 'Bell & Carlson' stock and needing some new glass....T8 mod

DSC004420001.jpg

Sako 75 Finlight in .243cal and pes scout mod and topped off with a Zeiss 6-24x56 T*

This is the only pic I have of it at the moment.......

IMG_01340001_1.jpg

Oh,and a space on the ticket for a 7mm08 which I would like in a Finlight as well,so if anyone hears of one please give me a nod................Martin

Edited by martin
  • 2 weeks later...