Black Fox

Just come back from a walk / mooch where my 8 month old Collie x Greyhound put up what appeared to be a mature Black fox??? which was away under some security fencing after a 25 yd scurry. Should I be going to the doctor and requesting a change in medication or do they exist.

Just come back from a walk / mooch where my 8 month old Collie x Greyhound put up what appeared to be a mature Black fox??? which was away under some security fencing after a 25 yd scurry. Should I be going to the doctor and requesting a change in medication or do they exist.

Thanks for the response guy's I will now cancel the appointment with the doctor....

Cheers

Guest hunterside

not seen a black 1 but there was a blonde ish coloured 1 nocking around near me a few seasons ago not seen it since, i was on some where i shud'nt ave been :whistling: it made me jump as i thought it was the keepers dog :icon_redface:

Edited by hunterside

Hi there, I saw a Black Fox in the Conwy area of North Wales about two weeks ago, this was a 8.30am. He was definately on his way home, and he looked like he was late. He was half way accross a field, I ducked down behind a wall, and then decided to give him a squeak. I could not get a run on him as there was wall and a barbed wire fence between me and him. I squeaked and he stopped still for a second, then turned on his tail and then he was off like a shot. That fox had definately been squeaked before, shame. If they cannot get them with lurchers around here, they rifle them. No Sport in that, if you cannot get them with your dogs, leave them alone.

not seen a black 1 but there was a blonde ish coloured 1 nocking around near me a few seasons ago not seen it since, i was on some where i shud'nt ave been :whistling: it made me jump as i thought it was the keepers dog :icon_redface:

used to see one regular it was golden lab colour .we were after deer and you only got one shot and then leave so it was never fired at.

One of the first foxes I snared was a silver- tipped black and a few weeks later I was out with a Keeper from next door when we saw the "shadow "of a fox in the lamp . Took a few seconds to realise it was a black fox . This one turned out to be properly melanistic. It was posssible they were from the same litter. I had the skins from both for a while until the boss shut the farm collie in the Shooting lodge overnight and he chewed them up .

Wierdest coloured fox I've seen was a sort of sandy merle . Not unlike a Cape Hunting dog . It was seen once coming out the side of a pheasant Drive and the Guns having been told to ignore ground game let it go .Plenty of witnesses though.

Edited by comanche