Out stalking today with mates, how things go wrong quickly?

Out stalking today with mates, one of them totaly knackered his knee crossing a fence, there was no way we could move him "total agony" good job one of the lads with us is in the mountain rescue and organised the evacuation. The problem was with our location and also snow and the fact my injured mate had been lying for at least an hour in minus conditions,used the GPS on my phone to give cordinates to emergancy services after an hour or so things were going rapidly down hill for him. A couple of us had to go to main road and pick up Paramedics, after assessment and Morphine through itruvenous an RAF rescue Helicopter came and ferried my mate to hospital. Just shows how a fun day's stalking can go seriously tits up. !!!!!!!

Out stalking today with mates, one of them totaly knackered his knee crossing a fence, there was no way we could move him "total agony" good job one of the lads with us is in the mountain rescue and organised the evacuation. The problem was with our location and also snow and the fact my injured mate had been lying for at least an hour in minus conditions,used the GPS on my phone to give cordinates to emergancy services after an hour or so things were going rapidly down hill for him. A couple of us had to go to main road and pick up Paramedics, after assessment and Morphine through itruvenous an RAF rescue Helicopter came and ferried my mate to hospital. Just shows how a fun day's stalking can go seriously tits up. !!!!!!!

Hope your mate recover's soon :thumbs: the guy's in the R.A.F. Rescue Helicopter,s are second to none :notworthy: my last Pest/C job RAF Gannet was one of my Routine visit,s and they guy,s dont get a minute as soon as one chopper is in the other is out, there's 3 of them and 1 is getting serviced every trip they do, and work 24 hour's a day :notworthy:

Hope your mate recover's soon :thumbs: the guy's in the R.A.F. Rescue Helicopter,s are second to none :notworthy: my last Pest/C job RAF Gannet was one of my Routine visit,s and they guy,s dont get a minute as soon as one chopper is in the other is out, there's 3 of them and 1 is getting serviced every trip they do, and work 24 hour's a day :notworthy:

Being an ex Navy man it is RNAS Prestwick or HMS Gannet, which is a Royal Navy SAR Squadron not the RAF. Its amazing the amount of people that get that wrong. :tongue2:

Hope your mate recovers soon, not a good day today for outdoor people in Scotland.

Being an ex Navy man it is RNAS Prestwick or HMS Gannet, which is a Royal Navy SAR Squadron not the RAF. Its amazing the amount of people that get that wrong. :tongue2:

Hope your mate recovers soon, not a good day today for outdoor people in Scotland.

My mistake :icon_redface: Royal Navy :thumbs: bet the guy that got injured would not have cared if it was the girl guides as long as they helped, sorry to the Royal Navy :thumbs: just watched the video of air lift and chopper was not from HMS Gannet, Prestwick, all the best to your mate in 2010.

Edited by black lab