My cocker wont stop eating s**t

Hi,

my cocker is now 2 years old and since day 1 has eaten his own sh*t. not interested in other dog poo because ive tested him. ive tryed getting it out before he has the chance to eat it but given half the chance he wlii scoff it like its his last meal. he is fed on flesh like all my other dogs but eats at 100 miles per hour dont know if he is not digesting it enough. tried feeding dry food this makes no diffrecce appart from upsetting his stomach. any one els had this problem be interested to know how you got over it. thanks

Hi,

my cocker is now 2 years old and since day 1 has eaten his own sh*t. not interested in other dog poo because ive tested him. ive tryed getting it out before he has the chance to eat it but given half the chance he wlii scoff it like its his last meal. he is fed on flesh like all my other dogs but eats at 100 miles per hour dont know if he is not digesting it enough. tried feeding dry food this makes no diffrecce appart from upsetting his stomach. any one els had this problem be interested to know how you got over it. thanks

My spaniel did the same thing for ages, nothing i could do to stop her! but she did grow out of it if thats any help

I dont know about poo but I have a 5 month old cocker and he is by far the greediest dog I have ever had or known, he was the runt and it shows, only chews food if he cant swallow it, jumps up and down like a gazelle when its dinner time and has to be fed away from the lurcher as he eats sooooo fast then will push the lurcher out the way and guzzle as much as poss as quick as poss. Absolutely obsessed with food, drives me potty at times. I always thought it was labs that were greedy but my lad could give the worst of them a good run for the money lol.

but some cut pienaple chunks in its food

Is that to give his turd the 'totally tropical taste' :icon_eek:

the lads right so don't jump o his back, when digested in theory the dog shouldn't touch it. I would try pineapple chunks, you might have some sucess.

You miss understand mate, no ones getting on anyones back here apart from you :boxing: , im certainly not knocking any ones suggestions just found some humor in the thought of a tropical turd, still do, cant see how thats jumping on any ones back and if you cant see the funny side of it then I guess your taking life a bit to seriously fella. :laugh:

Do people just sit back on this site waiting for a pop or what?????????

i once had a presa that would eat one my lurcher bitches turds all the time ,couldnt stop her the hotter the better,used to turn my stomach,i got some tablets that were supposed to stop it but werent that clever so we parted company not long after !!!

when digested in theory the dog shouldn't touch it. I would try pineapple chunks, you might have some sucess.

Never heard this before, but I'm quite prepared to believe it................

The thing that would bother me though, is if the dog's eating it's own crap through some digestive disorder (and I'm no expert, so I've no idea what it could be!) surely that would just lead to a gradual malnutrition?

What's the vet said about it?

when digested in theory the dog shouldn't touch it. I would try pineapple chunks, you might have some sucess.

Never heard this before, but I'm quite prepared to believe it................

The thing that would bother me though, is if the dog's eating it's own crap through some digestive disorder (and I'm no expert, so I've no idea what it could be!) surely that would just lead to a gradual malnutrition?

What's the vet said about it?

Cut the protien in the food down worm the dog if not up to date.

Hi,

hello mate i had a spaniel a few years ago who did it he also eat the other two dogs who he was kenneled with it made me mad to see him do it a friend told me to put garlic powder in his food not too much about half a teaspoon every time you feed him for about a week i know it may sound made but it did work for my dog if you feel the same way i did when mine done it i would try anything hope it turns out ok for you happy new year marc...

pineapple chunks and garlic powder thumbs.gif my mates lurcher used to do it n old boy told him to add cucumber and/or a mixture of herbs to food it worked. for fast/greedy eaters we used to pack food tight into the dish or cover the food in thin gravy slows em down a bit...