Eating Moles

Anyone here ever eaten moles. Bloke I know swears by them. He says they are a bit like wild boar but tender and quite juicy. He said you have to be careful and not eat their kidneys as they are supposed to be quite poisonous. Any advice welcomed as I have trapped seven of them and I must say I do fancy having a go as we didn't have a turkey this year on account of the wife goin' bluidy vegan. They look as if they will be tasty but I don't want to risk it. I can't find anything on Goggle about eating moles. Or do you just think I should throw caution to the wind and fry them up in the wok with some soy sauce and some oyster sauce.

I'm sure some of you shooters must have eaten moles when you were hungry so let me know what yous are thinking.

Did the fella Hugh Flaring Whittlesham ever eat a mole on his programme. He would anything that bloke. No wonder his bleedin glasses are so thick.

• Haha 1

Anyone here ever eaten moles. Bloke I know swears by them. He says they are a bit like wild boar but tender and quite juicy. He said you have to be careful and not eat their kidneys as they are supposed to be quite poisonous. Any advice welcomed as I have trapped seven of them and I must say I do fancy having a go as we didn't have a turkey this year on account of the wife goin' bluidy vegan. They look as if they will be tasty but I don't want to risk it. I can't find anything on Goggle about eating moles. Or do you just think I should throw caution to the wind and fry them up in the wok with some soy sauce and some oyster sauce.

I'm sure some of you shooters must have eaten moles when you were hungry so let me know what yous are thinking.

Did the fella Hugh Flaring Whittlesham ever eat a mole on his programme. He would anything that bloke. No wonder his bleedin glasses are so thick.

You would need to eat a wheel barrow load because of there size, i think i would rather eat the wheel barrow :11:

They should taste like worms :hmm: :11: give them a try and let us know what they are like :unsure: Mole & Chips :bad:

• Haha 1

Well I did it. I ate the buggers - all 7 of them. The good news is that I am still alive although I'm sending this from my Blackberry. I'm in Ward 4 of Perth Royal Infirmary if anyone wants to pop in for a visit. I'm the bloke in the seclusion room wired up to a number of machines. You won't be able to actually get in the room but you can wave at me through the glass partition. I will wave back if I am still conscious.

Here is how I prepared them. After skinning and gralloching the moles I marinated them for a couple of hours in a mix of Soy sauce and wine vinegar, fresh ginger, garlic, an onion, stick of celery and a bit of rosemary.

Then dried them off and rolled them about in some flour before 'doing' them in a pot of Guiness for about 1 and a half hours. I kept the marinate and used it as a dip. And now from my hospital bed I think this is where I went wrong. I mixed Soy sauce and wine vinegar and it caused a chemical reaction which is what I am sure caused the kidney failure, vommitting and diarhorea.

I would caution against eating moles for the time being until I can get a bit more experimantation done ( provided I survive this)

And in case anyone is interested they tasted nothing like wild boar, more like that urine / dandelion taste you get off a young fox cub.

Chin Chin

Edited by oneshotmacduff

Make sure its dead! When I was at college a book I read had a story and pictures of a gull that ate a live mole, the mole then preceded to borrow out of the live gull. Both died while the mole was half in half out. this is a link to the x ray of them. www.molecatchers.com/mole_bytes.html Can't find the photo though. Bon appetit!