Boars in Oz

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(I'll just make the point again that we don't stand around taking photos of dogs on pigs. The photos are the best of hundreds that are shot on the run in to grab the pig. To stand around risks injury

The APDHA (Australian Pig Doggers and Hunters Association) had its annual general meeting withiun striking range of my place at the weekend and one of my mates (Steve) from had driven 14 hours to the

I'd only have one dog that big. Most of mine are around 3o kgs. As for getting them upset...be almost impossible mate. The whole concept of pig dogs is to have them determined but manageable. You can'

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Anyone on here that hunts sugar cane in the far north or anywhere that grows it world wide i suppose

Do you have the same problems with wild pig as we do

and the same dangers eg crocodiles/dingoes that take your pig or dog form right in front of your eyes

Anyone on here that hunts sugar cane in the far north or anywhere that grows it world wide i suppose

Do you have the same problems with wild pig as we do

and the same dangers eg crocodiles/dingoes that take your pig or dog form right in front of your eyes

Sounds like they add another dimension, lol. What measures do you take? do you carry firearms, I don't think I could hunt there without going tooled up to the max, picturing myself getting dragged off by a croc and having to pull the pin on a frag. Do you hunt either crocs or dingoes?

I hunt the cane by myself in crocodile country no guns just a knife and the dogs its hard going and

you dont want to learn by your mistakes because when you do its something you will only want to learn once

i had a pig snatched from my dog while he was holding it in the river i spewed for about 3 hrs from the adrenalin

so another valuable lesson learnt dont hunt your dogs along the croc infested river.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...