Diana 45 .22 break barrel

hi all up for sale is this diana 45 it's had a custom stock done on it which is a marmite job i know (love or hate) it works very well although has some fairly serious marks on barrel shown in pic they're not really bad but noticable for sure. blueing is good comes with a tasco silver antler 4x32 scope can be sent by tnt signed and insured for £120 or can be collected for £100 thanks

post-41098-1261497359_thumb.jpg

post-41098-126149738565_thumb.jpg

yeah i know its not for everyone i bought it as i dont rreally care what a gun looks like so long as it shoots alright i hadnt really thought asthetics. it was done for a charity event or something could be sanded down easy enough to bring back wood i may do that if noones interested in it. cheers

yeah i know its not for everyone i bought it as i dont rreally care what a gun looks like so long as it shoots alright i hadnt really thought asthetics. it was done for a charity event or something could be sanded down easy enough to bring back wood i may do that if noones interested in it. cheers

If you go that route, just use a load of paint stripper on it, thats the best option. Wouldnt take more than a few hours work to get that down to bare wood and then varnish or what-have-you.

thanks a chap might be having it anyway im just waiting on a reply from him if it does end up staying i may well have a go at that. what would be best to use for rubbing it down wire wool? scouring pad? snad paper? cheers

Start with Nitromors and follow the instructions, wearing rubber gloves. Use fine wire wool dipped in the stripper for any stubborn areas. Try not to use a scraper as you may gouge the wood under. Then use a grade of sandpaper suited to how bad the wood is. You may need to start at 80 grade if it has bad scratches. Work your way up the grades and when you get to 400 switch to wet and dry used wet in a bucket of water. Then 800, 1200 and 1500 wet and dry the same way. Let it dry overnight and use 1500 wet and dry used dry to remove any raised fibres. If the stock looks patchy from stain being removed unequally by the stripper you may want to bleach the whole stock using thick household bleach left on for a good few hours (wear rubber gloves again). Re-sand and either leave bleached for a novel look or stain with a suitable wood stain. If you do bleach and then stain it you'll have to make sure you rinse it well or the bleach residue will affect the stain. Finally oil with a gunstock oil. Don't be tempted to re-varnish it!

Of course, there's a possibility the stock was cracked/split/broken and that's why it's been painted!

:)

Edited by AirArmsDavid

thanks for that david im fairly certain the stocks ok the guy said it was done for raising funds for charity so should be fine. sounds like a bit of a mission to get it back! hopefully someone wont care about looks too much like me and will have it thanks again though thats a great set of instructions!