Wildcat verses reflex ??

Guys I have just ordered a new Steyr Pro-Varmint with a two stage technical trigger (special order). I am trading in my old Pro-Hunter Mountian MK2. As both riffles have different moderator threads I am trading in my curret AR Reflex. I am thinking of going for a Wildcat Mod'. It is similar in cost, is take downable""" and light.

AS I have 2 Reflex I want to know what is the experience out there on the Wildcat????

What are are the fors??????????????

What are the againsts?????????????

Thanks you wildcats ;)

Don't know about a NEW T8 but the P8 and T8 are pretty similar in sound reduction to me.

The P8 is fully stripable and all parts are available as spares, so it is pretty simple to change the Mod calibre or thread if you change rifles.

Be sure to get the P8 COMPACT, same baffles as the P8 but smaller and lighter.

I have a P8 COMPACT on each of my .223, .243, and .308 and it does the job fine. Started with the FULL P8 on my .223 and converted it to the Compact, cant say I noticed any difference in sound reduction.

P8 every time over the T8 for me, but there may still be better mods out there, there are certainly plenty a LOT more expensive!!

Don't know about a NEW T8 but the P8 and T8 are pretty similar in sound reduction to me.

The P8 is fully stripable and all parts are available as spares, so it is pretty simple to change the Mod calibre or thread if you change rifles.

I have a P8 COMPACT on each of my .223, .243, and .308 and it does the job fine. Started with the FULL P8 on my .223 and converted it to the Compact, cant say I noticed any difference in sound reduction.

P8 every time over the T8 for me, but there may still be better mods out there, there are certainly plenty a LOT more expensive!!

Hi Deker

I too have a p8 on my 223. Could you give me some info on where to get bits for the conversion to compact ?

Thanks

Tony

Hi Deker

I too have a p8 on my 223. Could you give me some info on where to get bits for the conversion to compact ?

Thanks

Tony

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

This is the manufacturer, talk to Andrew Banner, the owner, tell him what you have and what you want to do, and he will tell you everything you need... :thumbs: From memory it saved about 170g, may not sound that much, but when that is hanging off the end of the barrel it makes the world of difference to the balance..at least it did on my T3 Lite .223!! :thumbs:

I have P8's on my .223 and my .308 and they are nice pieces of kit, all interchangeable and well made.....but...... Try getting one. I phoned the shop and there will be no new stock until the end of January. I had to kit my .243 out with a T8 tin can.... :thumbdown:

Thanks guys all good stuff.

From what I have read so far choice between T8 and P8??????? I will be a P8. That's not to say I won't consider the ASE but now I will compare on weight and go with that..

From what I read the 8" version is for .222. Can someone tell me how many baffles that will need??? 4???

Merry Christmas to you all :drink: Have a glass of Irish; the black stuff :thumbs: