weekend in scotland

Guest Pat

first day first sett waiting for the ferret to produce the goods and out of my eye corner saw a fox trotting across the corn stubble(sorry didnt have the camera with me) got down in the grass brother tryed squeaking it in but didnt come quiet close enough and it buggerd off :lol:. only got nine rabbits the first day second day

got one rabbit two pheasent two pigeons and a hare. I thought we were going to catch a shit load of rabbits but they had been getting hammerd from constant shooting and ferreting for a few years so the numbers were down but with the look of some of the setts in the middle of the fields youd of sworn blind the place was lifting with them but they had had heavy rain and the setts were soaked in side and we got nearly all the rabbits out of setts inside the wood.

scotland007.jpg

My brother got the two pigeons in one shot how lucky can you get. werent supposed to shoot brown hares on this land but the temptation just got the better of my brother when one got up in front of him ;) still been better with a dog up its rear but its illegal once yourin scotland so what can you do.

still had a good lugh and enjoyed it.

Edited by Pat

yeah took us about 6 hours to get there from west yorkshire, Leeds we got stuck in traffic for 2 hours about 15 minutes in to our journey and then got lost on the borders travelling around for another hour trying to find the B&B we got a tour of the national park anyway when we got lost ;)

yeah it was seeing the fox made it worth it when we were in the woods saw a bird dont knowwhat it was wasnt a crow or anything think it was a bird of prey but dont knowwhat type looked as if it had a big wing span

you need to come to guernsey pat there is plenty ferreting here and it only takes 5 hrs to drive from preston to weymouth i did it yesterday

you would not belive the rabbits over here very good place to start a dog and there are only 5 working lurchers here and i have 2 of them so i get my fare share if you know what i mean :good:

merle :D

• 3 weeks later...