Bedlington Greyhound versus Collie Greyhound

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both bedlington collie base blooded the pied bitch is bedlington x collie x an the pup is bedlington x colliex/bedlington x colliex

The first image is my mates First cross Bedlington Greyhound bred by Neil Beacon the most robust and best coated first cross I have ever seen. It is an excellent dog. The second is my curren

Posted Images

Guest fence_hopper

smashing looking litter FH. i always thought heartbreak used a Granitor stud dog ( pure bred )?

i'm having a pup rom FH, so the beddy/greyhound for me.

not sure about the heartbreak stud. bit your spot on there lawrence beddy grey all the way. do or die dog, like i said long as there bred right. as its hard to get the right ingredients, compared to breeding collie greys. any farm mut or tired ex grey can produce an average lurcher.

Guest fence_hopper

Got a beddy grey x collie grey at 20 months now and she has picked up the best traits from those crosses shes intelligent and pretty fearless would certainly reccomend this cross. :thumbs:

theres plenty enough brains in a first x beddy grey you dont need the collie, to add that.

Got a beddy grey x collie grey at 20 months now and she has picked up the best traits from those crosses shes intelligent and pretty fearless would certainly reccomend this cross. :thumbs:

my 15yr old lurcher is of this cross(beardie/greyhoundxbeddy/greyhound)was an decent dog in his day,if i had to point out any down falls it would have to be his coat :thumbdown: must have thrown to the beddy.

asme9

i have a first cross collie grey that i bred myself 8 yars ago, and i have a two year old beddie cross with nothing else in her. from what i have found their is no comparison, for me the beddie cross wins everytime, she has more stamina, more prey drive, more brains believe it or not!, and is alround a much better dog to me, does everything my collie cross has done but much better, and better than any other first cross collie i have seen imho. atb

• 9 years later...

I’ve had both bedlington an collie xs I favour a mix of both these days I mean decent bred f1s are very hard to come by I’ve found it’s a gamble when buying a f1 as there’s not many decent base blood studs available then there getting  putting to a cast greyhound that could of been a duffer that’s why it’s cast in the first place there’s not many if any working greyhounds plus bedlingtons are hit an miss an what there actually up to collies are the same most only are used for a small numbers of sheep I personally think cut out the middle man let other people take do the work take the gamble with f1s then utilise them if there good for lurcher to lurcher worker to worker breeding in this day an age I’m a none believer in it has to be a genuine f1 its irrelevant long as there bred for the job you require 

1 minute ago, poxon said:

I’ve had both bedlington an collie xs I favour a mix of both these days I mean decent bred f1s are very hard to come by I’ve found it’s a gamble when buying a f1 as there’s not many decent base blood studs available then there getting  putting to a cast greyhound that could of been a duffer that’s why it’s cast in the first place there’s not many if any working greyhounds plus bedlingtons are hit an miss an what there actually up to collies are the same most only are used for a small numbers of sheep I personally think cut out the middle man let other people take do the work take the gamble with f1s then utilise them if there good for lurcher to lurcher worker to worker breeding in this day an age I’m a none believer in it has to be a genuine f1 its irrelevant long as there bred for the job you require 

Both bedlington collie base blooded the pied bitch is bedlington x collie x an the pup is bedlington x colliex/bedlington x colliex

CEC9CE74-A855-4B6C-9AA5-82B86D4423B8.jpeg

• Like 6
On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2009 at 09:28, Stabs said:

Thanks for that FH.

I've not known any bedlington lurchers with decent coats but your one looks like it's got a decent jacket.

Most have been linty things that soak through at the slightest drizzle and pick up debris like a magnet.

Might be the lakey blood in there?

most beddy crosses have good jackets and the first x whippet or grey always have a good jacket ? aslong as you use the right beddy that is ?