Whats wrong with my ferret

Guest bodgerbear

All I can suggest is keep him warm, try to syringe water down him to keep him hydrated, then I would suggest off to the vets in the morning (Know you probably will). You could always try mixing some cat milk in with some ferret biscuit and syringe that as well. Hope this helps and your fert gets better soon :yes:

Just been out to see my ferrets and my six month old hob is not eating or drinking and cant even stand.

Can anyone tell me how to get him back to his old self.

Food poisoning? has it eaten any raw meat in the last day or so? Not got any bones lodged in its throat or anything like that? :-(

All I can suggest is keep him warm, try to syringe water down him to keep him hydrated, then I would suggest off to the vets in the morning (Know you probably will). You could always try mixing some cat milk in with some ferret biscuit and syringe that as well. Hope this helps and your fert gets better soon :yes:

Be careful with syringing, it's really very easy to drown a ferret using this technique :hmm:

Just been out to see my ferrets and my six month old hob is not eating or drinking and cant even stand.

Can anyone tell me how to get him back to his old self.

Sorry to say mate but if its that bad i would put it out of its misery, "cannot stand or drink" you would be doing the right thing.

He is getting stronger slowly i have given him some water and sugar he is trying to eat some of his food.

I am not giving up on him just yet.

If he has dissemper will he get over it?

Thanks for all of your info really apprecite it.

Just been to the vets and they said he will not survive the day. :cray: .

So they had to put him to sleep,I`m gutted as he was a very good ferret.

The vets said he had disstemper and that i have done the wright thing.

HOW CAN I STOP THIS FU*^ING THING FROM GETTING AT MY OTHER FERRETS THEY ARE NICE AND WARM IN THERE HUTCH AND CLEANED EVERY FEW DAYS AND I FEED THEM EVERY DAY.PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSED OFF LADS. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: :wallbash