ferreting alongside road

hi all, going ferereting on sunday and there are a few holes in the hedge between my permish and the road, some of the holes are in the verge on the road side of the fence, where do i stand with putting nets over the holes in the verge as they are out of my boundry but dont want to lose bunnies or a ferret on the road for not netting holes.

where do i stand on netting these holes next to the road?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all, going ferereting on sunday and there are a few holes in the hedge between my permish and the road, some of the holes are in the verge on the road side of the fence, where do i stand with putting nets over the holes in the verge as they are out of my boundry but dont want to lose bunnies or a ferret on the road for not netting holes.

you local council own that bit of land you need to speak to them other wise some anti will see you and phone the police mate

Stuff 'em, i've got some land that runs alongside a dual carriage way. There's holes all the way along the hedge and on the verge and i've always ferreted these with out any trouble apart from the odd anti driving past pipping sticking his fingers up. On a few occasions when theres no crop in the fields these warrens have been the best ones for holding.

it is the A40 that is the alternative to the motorway between oxford and High Wycombe so it is pretty busy.

the holes are in a ditch and there is alot of cover between the ditch and the road so we will have to miss a few of those holes anyway but i think we will net the open ones.:thumbs:

There is no law saying that you cant ferret on a public right of way.. I looked it up with public footpaths, as long as your not obstructing your ok...If they come along, they can ask you to leave but they cant do anything to you...

Just becareful tho, as you write...(and i dont really undersatnd what you mean) Dont want to lose any bunnies or "FERRETS" for not netting holes, but a net will not stop your ferret walking out....

As Stubby said you can legally do it withing 15ft over the fence of your permission.

If worst comes to worst then just plead ignorance that's what I do. 'Sorry officer I thought I was allowed on this land...fancy letting me carry on and I'll give you a rabbit or two?' lol.

ATB

Jordan

As Stubby said you can legally do it withing 15ft over the fence of your permission.

If worst comes to worst then just plead ignorance that's what I do. 'Sorry officer I thought I was allowed on this land...fancy letting me carry on and I'll give you a rabbit or two?' lol.

ATB

Jordan

like to see some one try that or have profe of it on here next time i go out will take this copy with me and explain to the next door keeper i can do that over his fence as long as im 15 feet away

has anyone got a copy of this 15ft law? i would like an official document to quote from if possible. and is it only 15ft onto roadside verges or onto other places such as feilds?

this could be a very useful piece of legislation which many of us are oblivious to.

thanks

rob

like to see some one try that or have profe of it on here next time i go out will take this copy with me and explain to the next door keeper i can do that over his fence as long as im 15 feet away

:wallbash: see, your not READING the quote, no you cannot go from one land owners side to another, BUT roadside is control by different agencies, and you can then attend pest control 15ft across the boundary fence/onto the roadside