ferret bedding

Straw and/or shavings all the way mate.Maybe a little hay in the winter but be carefull not to let them get to hot ferrets are very prone to heat stroke and as "bodgerbear" quite rightly says its amazing how much heat a group of sleeping ferrets creates.

ATB

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In winter I use the cheap loft insulation made from recycled bottles you get from B&Q. It lasts for ages and is really cozy for the little stinkers. Its not itchy its like the stuffing out of a teddy or something ,they love it. Just chuck it out when its smelly.

Would that not Fcuk up their innards if swallowed while eating etc? :blink:

It doesn't fall apart, it holds together very well, the strands are quite long.Not one bit leaves thier nest box. Would be imposable for them to consume it so no worries there. Give it a try see what you think. :thumbs:

I use straw in the bottom for their bedding and old towels and old fleece blankets from charity shops !! they wash up well and my trio love them !! I found wood shavings made my albino especially sneeze alot and cough !!

I also layer their bedding, wood shavings at the bottom, about 3" deeep, topped off with straw, does the job lovely ;)

hi all, got my ferrets at last, making better hutch next week sometime aqnd what i want to know is is it ok to use shredded newspaper for bedding? i have been using tissue paper and normal paper and small bits of corrigated card cut up for the last week.

so does anybody use newspaper?

shavings and straw all year round

same as :thumbs:

straw and shavings mate, urination on glossy mags can become toxic, found ferret in summer high as a kite!! so be careful

shavings and hay all the way in the winter they love it

Don't you find hay can have alot of not so nice things in it? thorns spikey things,grass seeds, other foreign objects? Just wondering cos i found that. i know some books and what not advise that straw may be a better option?

shavings and hay all the way in the winter they love it

Don't you find hay can have alot of not so nice things in it? thorns spikey things,grass seeds, other foreign objects? Just wondering cos i found that. i know some books and what not advise that straw may be a better option?

don't touch it mate they get the sweats

Mum baught a microfibre pet blanket in the pound shop yesterday and i cut it into quatres and put a bit in the hutch with other old clothes and when i went out this morning they had dragged everything else out and were nested up together wrapped inside the blanket, it was obviouslt warm and comfortable enoug on its own.