My new trick.

It's taken a while, but I've now got one of my poles and one of my albinos doing a pretty neat trick.

It all started when I realeased that if you stuck a locater (mk 3 with the high pitched bleep, not that thud like the mk1) near a rabbit hole, curiosity would normaly attract the ferret towards that opening.

Combine this with a bit of ferretone each time you use the locater, and you've got yourself a winner.

As said, I've now got two ferrets who will very happily run straight towards the sound of the locater, once you shove it down a hole (even if there full, which is the wonder of ferretone). This is very useful if you have to get the ferrets out in a hurry. (Because, say, you start to worry about a bolt hole out-of-reach they might go out of, or it starts raining/getting dark)

Anyone else heard of this, or is doing anything simular?

Surly the whole point of using your locator is to get the rabbit and your ferret out after its killed the rabbit why do pest control if all your wanting is the ferret out the rabbit could still be alive and surface with a bald patch a hour after your away im sure the landowner would love that on most of my permission

MIne are trained to the sound of the shed keys.....

they hear them rattling and think they are gonna get fed so come running if they are stubborn to come out of a hole

Darryl

Exactly the same with mine, I always make sure I squeak to them as I go up to the hutch for feeding time, easier than taking the food bowls to rattle in the middle of a farmers field!

Surly the whole point of using your locator is to get the rabbit and your ferret out after its killed the rabbit why do pest control if all your wanting is the ferret out the rabbit could still be alive and surface with a bald patch a hour after your away im sure the landowner would love that on most of my permission

Its taken me a while mate, but i've come to the conclusion that there is two types of ferreters.