If your thinking of buying a Freelander 2 DONT!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

I have a 2007 Freelander 2 GS, having just covered 25,000 miles up until a few months ago it has been a fantastic motor, go anywhere, good on fuel, comfortable etc, etc

However in the past few months the following have failed - Power Steering pump, ECU, Light Failures, Windscreen cracked over night, and last week the clutch went, and filled the inside of the car with smoke !

I finaly got the car back from Land Rover today (after a week at the dealer) and the gearbox is now lumpy, the clutch is snatchy, and as I pulled out of the dealers, the lights failed again and an error message came up on the dash telling me ' engine power failure' and the inside of the car stinks to high heaven of burning clutch, to the point where I had to drive home in the rain, with all the windows open, just to try and clear the air.

When I called the dealer, I explained the problems the reply was: 'Nothing we can do about the smell, buy some air fresheners' reference the error message 'ignore it, if still drives it will be fine, we will try and get it in sometime in the new year' reference the lights 'we changed a relay, cant understand why it gone again, we will have a look at it when we try and clear the error message in the new year'

Needless to say, I expressed my anger and disapointment...... I am shocked and stunned at the aftersales and customer service from Land Rover a £25,000 car with just 25,000 miles on the clock, and they could not care less I will never buy another Land Rover so long as I live, where did it all go wrong? Land Rovers used to be the ultimate 4 x 4

ATB

Tom

Hi,

I have a 2007 Freelander 2 GS, having just covered 25,000 miles up until a few months ago it has been a fantastic motor, go anywhere, good on fuel, comfortable etc, etc

However in the past few months the following have failed - Power Steering pump, ECU, Light Failures, Windscreen cracked over night, and last week the clutch went, and filled the inside of the car with smoke !

I finaly got the car back from Land Rover today (after a week at the dealer) and the gearbox is now lumpy, the clutch is snatchy, and as I pulled out of the dealers, the lights failed again and an error message came up on the dash telling me ' engine power failure' and the inside of the car stinks to high heaven of burning clutch, to the point where I had to drive home in the rain, with all the windows open, just to try and clear the air.

When I called the dealer, I explained the problems the reply was: 'Nothing we can do about the smell, buy some air fresheners' reference the error message 'ignore it, if still drives it will be fine, we will try and get it in sometime in the new year' reference the lights 'we changed a relay, cant understand why it gone again, we will have a look at it when we try and clear the error message in the new year'

Needless to say, I expressed my anger and disapointment...... I am shocked and stunned at the aftersales and customer service from Land Rover a £25,000 car with just 25,000 miles on the clock, and they could not care less I will never buy another Land Rover so long as I live, where did it all go wrong? Land Rovers used to be the ultimate 4 x 4

ATB

Tom

i was gonna buy one last month mate,even the independant dealer talked me out of it,nothing but trouble he said,since read about a few on here,seems he was right

Be greatfull your not having the problems the older freelander owners encountered.

That being the engines going tits up completely, Come to sell the buggers and the questions you get asked are not how maany miles its done, but how many engines!!

Landrover should have just stuck with landrovers!

Most of their further endevours have been disasterous from the freelander issues to all those that the disco's have, dont even get me started there!!

Lousy customer service is a no no and especially after shelling out 25 big ones id have the motor back creating a scene is the salesroom till all is rectify'd

Hope you get it sorted :big_boss:

Hi,

ATB

Tom

i was gonna buy one last month mate,even the independant dealer talked me out of it,nothing but trouble he said,since read about a few on here,seems he was right

Be greatfull your not having the problems the older freelander owners encountered.

That being the engines going tits up completely, Come to sell the buggers and the questions you get asked are not how maany miles its done, but how many engines!!

Landrover should have just stuck with landrovers!

Most of their further endevours have been disasterous from the freelander issues to all those that the disco's have, dont even get me started there!!

Lousy customer service is a no no and especially after shelling out 25 big ones id have the motor back creating a scene is the salesroom till all is rectify'd

Hope you get it sorted :big_boss:

Watchman, you had a lucky escape then ! I'd go round to the salesman who talked you out of it, and take him out for a pint! he saved you a whole heap of trouble !

Moxy, your right did a google search myself and it appears there is not man satisfied freelander owners out there, of either models 1 & 2

ATB

Tom

Landrovers shudnt have stuck to making landrovers the defender models for the last 10 years have sucked too they are masivly oiverpriced vehicles for what u pay for them and are badly made with shocking aftersales service of course die hard landrover fans will still buy them and for off road ability i admit there is nothing that is quite as good but for the price of a new defender u cud buy a hilux and a quad for the back and have the best of everything! lol

im a die hard landy fan, i'd never drive anything but land rover, but wouldn't even consider anything thats been made within the last 11 years.

they were never great but they have charm, i feel bad the green badge has fallen to crap. why make rubbish when you have the gear to make great.

im a die hard landy fan, i'd never drive anything but land rover, but wouldn't even consider anything thats been made within the last 11 years.

they were never great but they have charm, i feel bad the green badge has fallen to crap. why make rubbish when you have the gear to make great.

I was a die hard fan too! but after this, I swear I will never buy another one, and your bang on, why make rubbish when they have the ability to make great motors....

ATB

Tom