hi all i am thinking of applying for an fac air rifle, are they hard to get? i allready have my shotgun cert but hear that fac is more difficult to get?, is it any harder than shotgun cert for an fac air rifle? cheers for any replies in advance!

Lol well he will hardly shoot a 12 bore in his back garden...

Has been known! I was chatting to an old pensioner the other day about magpies, and he confessed to me that he blasted a couple from his bathroom window with his 12bore. I couldnt believe it!

With regards to FAC air rifle, i would have though that it would have been the easiest FAC rifle to be able to get permission for. First thing is to approach the local firearms officer and get his advice as to whether your permission is likely to be approved.

Lol well he will hardly shoot a 12 bore in his back garden...

Well done giro, that must've took you a while to think of that one? I was only asking a sensible question to try and help. I see you have an irish flag below your name so you'll know what I mean when I say "Dún do bheal"

If you have your own land, then getting a FAC is a bit of a formaility.

However, if you shoot on a permission its a bit more difficult, not impossible, but you have to work hard to justify the need for an FAC gun.

If you have a shotgun cert but only shoot in a clay pigeon ground and don't have any where to shoot with your FAC gun, then your chances of getting an FAC are nil.