Help processing RAW files..

Long story short, started shooting in RAW a few weeks back, but the problem i've got is that the editing software on the P.C ( Adobe CS3 ) wont recognise the RAW files :wallbash: , so cant get them onto the P.C!... also the disk drive is K-put so that rules out installing the supplied Canon software :doh: Really need to get these piccys off the memory card and onto the P.C, P.D.Q as i'm hoping to use some of them as xmas presents! The clock is ticking and i'm starting to sweat! So any suggestions, ideas or links to downloads for the right software would be a lifesaver,appreciate anything folks!... :thumbs:

Oh, amd a quick bird I.D :) .... apologies for poor picture quality!

post-9466-126020640773_thumb.jpg

Cheers folks.. :thumbs:

and here

You should be able to get the pics off the camera by simply plugging it in and copying them to your hard drive, although you may have to change the camera settings.

It depends on the model of your camera & how new it is, but I've a feeling Adobe are no longer doing RAW upgrades for CS3.

Might be time to get a new DVD drive and load the Canon software. Meanwhile shoot jpegs, far less faffing around! :)

i once tried this raw & jpeg thing on my camera & picasa loaded both with no problems from the camera in the normal way

not sure why i shot in raw as well as the pics looked no different to the j pegs but i just had to meddle :laugh::laugh:

VERY, VERY helpfull indeed!.. :notworthy: .. just what i was after.. :thumbs:

Just in from work, so i'll be straight on it later on when i've had my five hrs shut-eye!

Cheers for that Stoaty and JD, thought Stonechat, typed it in above the piccy, but then deleted it before i posted! cant say i,ve ever seen any around my neck of the woods.. that was taken on the Pembrookshire coast.. :thumbs:

Just a quick thanks for all the helpfull replys folks :thumbs: , tried endlessley to sort cs3 out my self despite some behind the scenes work from ghillies,.. couldn't get on with picassa... brain cell overload! managed to get someone to update the cs3 for me and show me the ropes to processing RAW files.... NIGHTMARE!!

I've gone back to shooting Jpegs untill i've a bit more time on my hands..

Here's a couple off the card with the RAWS on,

Youngest daughter.. :wub:

post-9466-126073677628_thumb.jpg

and the G.S.P, doing what she's good at....

post-9466-126073689523_thumb.jpg

all the folks.. :signthankspin: