waterloo cup winner

saw him on video this wasone hell of an early paced dog

seen some out of him very fast dogs as well

had a pure greyhound out of him but she died at 8 weeks pregnant

there were dead pups inside

she was in pup to sam the man the racing whippet named after him as he was born

the same month he won the waterloo cup

he was an excellent dog im slippy :clapper:

anybody see sam the man win waterloo in 1990, must be a few dogs owt of him with him lining a few lurchers one hell of a fast dog................ :clapper:

maxhardcore had a litter of lurchers out of sam the man and he kept a bitch called spooner and she was a very fast bitch but had a serious shoulder injury when she was 18 months old and he said she would have made a real good bitch so he kept her and bred of her he put her to captain a coursing lurcher and a few lads on the site got one including myself them dogs are also very fast and all of the ones i have seen run have being exciting dogs to watch. i hope that ll help you out a bit

yes mate i got one of maxhardcore now 4 years old,shes a very good bitch very fast and can stay-takes all quarry day and night.

hi brock have you ever bred off her or thinking of breeding off her was cris moyes dog captain the father.......thanks...........

• 2 weeks later...
Knew a lad that used him over a good lurcher and was real disapointed.

the pups made nothing specail.

Real fast dog when winning the waterloo didnt get any long runs and was lucky in that way as he wasnt the best "coursing "dog at that time.

he was track bred but would n't have it, saw him run twice before the Waterloo one a course and then withdrawn, and once as a bye dog leading Son Of Gus(only dog to ever do that but STM was fresh SOG had previously run a course) he was impressive at Altcar winning as a puppy(several others have repeated this ) but produced nothing of note greyhound wise

Y.I.S Leeview

• 1 month later...
Guest Leeview

Knew a lad that used him over a good lurcher and was real disapointed.

the pups made nothing specail.

Real fast dog when winning the waterloo didnt get any long runs and was lucky in that way as he wasnt the best "coursing "dog at that time.

he was track bred but would n't have it, saw him run twice before the Waterloo one a course and then withdrawn, and once as a bye dog leading Son Of Gus(only dog to ever do that but STM was fresh SOG had previously run a course) he was impressive at Altcar winning as a puppy(several others have repeated this ) but produced nothing of note greyhound wise

Y.I.S Leeview

correct me if im wrong here leeview mate but didnt sam pull 4 out of his 6 hares to win the waterloo, great pace , exellent mouth and some of the best track blood in his veins ie sarahs bunny his grandmother english derby winner, fearless action his father derby final , i think?, ron hardy , his grandfather english derby winner with his littermate masterhardy second in the same final. if anyone has a copy of the 1990 waterloo id dearly love a copy as i lent mine out and didnt get it back.

yes he did Maxhardcore used his pace on the field to good effect. didn't Teds Move(another track bred star) repeat that fete when he won the Waterloo Cup and killed a burglar to boot on the way out Lydiate 2nd day. will you be about this Saturday?

Y.I.S Leeview

Edited by Leeview

I also seen Sam the man run at the W C , but as big bald beautiful says he was very lucky with the runs he got he did have a lot of speed and a good mouth but Rosser Rock was better IMO, had harder runs and had just as good a mouth, think he killed the last hare to lose. think his sister also ran at the same W C if I remember right she was good to.

Guest Leeview

dont recall Rossa Rocks sister in the cup and no mention of any of that litter other than RR on greyhound data he was owned and trained by Snowy Crowson( Glatton General IMO unluckiest dog never to win the cup and was beaten in the 2003 final when his dog Goodbye Joe was led by Heneritta)RR was heavily strapped up going to slips for that final and was well down on handicap but coursing is a funny old game but the final went with form

MHC I bet its not your stag do :11: :11:

Y.I.S Leeview