dont know if this is in the right section but anyways iv been thinking about getting some pet cover for my lurcher as im not working at the moment and cant realy afford a huge vet bil if anything happens. the pup is getting bigger and faster and its bound to have an accident sooner or later weather when i start working him or just on a walk, hes had a few little knocks but nothing serious up to now.

just got a few questions about where to start as i know nothing about any type ov insurance

is it worth it and how many of you have got cover?????

what insureance company is best

should a state that hes a working dog or not

will the insurance cover everything

does cheaper mean less cover

any other info would be much appreciated as like i say i know nothing about insurance :icon_redface:

thanks people

sam

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the cheapest 1 we got for working dog was £10.18 a month thats permium level covers any vets bill upto 7500 you have the first 65quid to pay tho but still alot better than pulling £300 out on vets bill

i will get our lass to drag the papers out and let you know what it covers marks&spences was the cheapest quote we got

the cheapest 1 we got for working dog was £10.18 a month thats permium level covers any vets bill upto 7500 you have the first 65quid to pay tho but still alot better than pulling £300 out on vets bill

i will get our lass to drag the papers out and let you know what it covers marks&spences was the cheapest quote we got

cheers mate sounds a good price and good 7500 cover

what it doesn't cover is vacinations boosters micro chipping or gettimg bitch spay or dog nads cuts off

£7500 worth of treatment with first £65 to pay

if dog lost or stolen will pay £1500 for advertising and ofer £500 reward for the dog if found

if the dog suffers from long term illness heart condition or epelepsy ect you get treatment for free till the dog dies or gets put to sleep

if the dog dies they pay upto £500 for cremation or burial

Do you realy need £7500? I would have thought that anything after £2000 would be pretty pointless as the dog isnt goin to have a working life after that and if it costs that much to repair then i wouldnt have thopught it would have a life at all tbh it would be in a proper state. Anything after a broken leg has got to be PTS in my eyes as i dont think its fair on te dog.

what it doesn't cover is vacinations boosters micro chipping or gettimg bitch spay or dog nads cuts off

£7500 worth of treatment with first £65 to pay

if dog lost or stolen will pay £1500 for advertising and ofer £500 reward for the dog if found

if the dog suffers from long term illness heart condition or epelepsy ect you get treatment for free till the dog dies or gets put to sleep

if the dog dies they pay upto £500 for cremation or burial

sound good mate is that with marks and spencers did you say and is it working dog or just pet

Edited by sambam

Dont no whether this helps but you can compare the different covers and insurances.

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/petinsurance/comparepet.asp?PetType=Dog

Doesnt give the option to add as a working dog but dunno whether its needed.

Cover started from around £3 per month but that doesnt contain third party liability which i believe it when its someone elses fault?

Next cheapest is about £8 and price increases as cover increases depending on maximum claim.